News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A new milestone

Started by malabar, September 10, 2019, 07:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

Project Appleseed would like to wish our Chief Master Instructor, Don  Duncan, the warmest of wishes on his 80th birthday. 

Don came to his first Appleseed around 2006. He attended a Rifleman's Bootcamp and became an IIT in 2007, earning his red hat in 2008 and was elevated to Master Instructor that same year. He's been rocking the Appleseed trail ever since. Don has taught at more than 100 shoots.

Don is the final word on all instructional matters, and the keeper of our manual. He is an essential part of the Appleseed team and has been a key player in creating Appleseed as we know it.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Ghostring

Whoo Hoo!!!
Happy Birthday!!! :partytime:
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Jerry Hall

WOW, Happy Birthday DonD!!!  :partytime: :beer: :partytime: :snipersmi
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

HammBone

From one Kentuckian to another, happy birthday, DonD! I really appreciate the excellent foundation of instruction and knowledge you've laid over the years. Hope to meet you someday.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

EZ3

Happy  Birthday, Sir!  And many more to come :bow:
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Leadslinger66

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Jayhawker

Charles McKinley

Happy Birthday!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Ohio KD a few years ago.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Steck

Happy Birthday, Don!  Wouldn't be here without ya.

VietVet

Sorry for being late to the party but just want to wish Don a belated  :birthday:

About time for you to come back up to New York Don.

We'll celebrate!!! :beer:
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

dond

Please forgive me for being so slow in replying. It was partially due to preparation for, and work after an AS last weekend. But I find that I'm much slower at most everything now anyway.

I am truly grateful for all the comments above. Thank you. AS has consumed much of my life for several years now. It has been a thrill sharing our heritage and marksmanship with so many shooters, and seeing the effect it has had upon them. And over the years, many Instructors have become my best friends, and I feel close to all those I have had contact with on the forum.

It has been especially gratifying to see my daughter, Google, join us, and to be doing so well in the program.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to maintain the pace I once did, and have, therefore, been cutting back on some of my activities.   

Viet Vet, it was such a great experience meeting you and the New York crew and I would love to see you all again.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken