News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Resignation

Started by fisherdawg, February 22, 2018, 02:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

It is with sadness the I am announcing my resignation from active participation in Project Appleseed effective immediately.  I had hoped to work at least part of the 2018 season, but that will not be possible.  I cannot meet the demands of time, energy, focus, excellence, and safety Appleseed demands.
This has come about entirely as result of personal and private reasons and it is with an acute sense of regret that I do so. Appleseed is perhaps the most worthy endeavor I have ever been involved with and my feeling about that has not changed. Since 2011, I have had the pure pleasure of associating with participants, Riflemen, and Instructors that I have the very highest regard for and to whom I wish all success.  To Liberty.
Wally ‘fisherdawg' Thomas
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

FourFans

"              "

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Slowpoke

Seventy seven reads in less than sixteen hours.

That's a lot of speechless people.

Wally has done more than most for the program.  He's just giving the rest of us a chance to catch up some.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

Jerry Hall

Thank you Wally, for your service to the cause.
You will be missed :bow:
Happy Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Taka222

Quote from: Jerry Hall on February 22, 2018, 07:20:55 PM
Thank you Wally, for your service to the cause.
You will be missed :bow:
Happy Trails,
Jerry

What he said^^^^^^^ :bow:
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Texas T

Thanks for the time and energy that you have dedicated to the program. God bless. 
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

Wally,

The door is always open and the coffee on.  Many blessing in your endeavors.

Thank you for your time and dedication,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

hogfamily

I have no words other than...

HUZZAH!

Huzzah because that is all I can think of to express the love and admiration I have for you Wally.

(I will miss your Sh*t drills)
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Pete!

Well... dang. That's a bummer Wally. I certainly hope that you won't be a stranger.

Maybe you can come back as a shooter sometime and earn some of the spiffy new patches?  ;D

Thank you for all of the hard work you've put in over the last several years!
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Starbuck

I'm a little late joining in but maybe I'm starting to get over being stunned speechless. Appleseed without Wally? I just can't envision it yet!

You will be missed!!  We hope you will stop in once in awhile!!

AK-84

You will be missed however I pray that all is well with you and your family. And definitely come out and shoot. :F :DH:
Just remember this is a GLORIOUS CAUSE we do.

Gray Bird

Wow, such sad news.  Sorry, I'm late to the game.

Thank you for introducing me to this great program, and for all you have done for it over the years! 
It was always a ton of fun shooting with you and please let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

-Ryan

TaosGlock

Thanks for your tireless dedication to our mission.  :bow:
I hope we meet up someday.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

astroturf3040

Thank you Wally for all of your dedication and hard work. Travel safe.