News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who's the Boss?

Started by sleepy, January 23, 2018, 12:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

Who is Nevada's shoot boss?

I'm out-of-state with school, but would love to help work a shoot in Nevada.

Sometimes it's tough to get information out of the forum, but it looks like Nevada shoots are few and far between, other than for Kingman (thanks for the outreach efforts, azmule!). That might work for Vegas, but northern Nevada really needs something.

Can I help, be it northern or southern?

azmule

I'd like to know the answer to that one myself, I don't know if there are any left in the state - there is one Instructor I know of in the Las Vegas area (whom I would be happy to help become a Shoot Boss), but as far as I've been able to determine he's pretty much it - except for you now.  (I would of course love to be proven wrong - anybody?  Bueller...  Beuller...)

And you absolutely can help!  ANY volunteer in this program - not just a SB - has the authority and ability to contact a range and get an Appleseed on the schedule.  The procedure is described in detail in the TIPS section plus there is a whole forum full of folks willing to answer any potential questions you may have and help with the process.  Once scheduled, it's a fairly simple matter to post it in the "Go Team" thread to find folks willing to travel in to work the shoot.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

PHenry

All hands on deck! Gotta be someone near NV who can offer a hand to a state in need.  O0

Happy to look into it if you like.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

DrRichP

Sorry for the delay. I'm actually in Nevada this week. Since we currently don't have a SW RC or a NV SC, I am covering the positions.

At this time we don't have any shoots or active staff in NV. While I'm here I'm working on a range and then we'll figure out staff and logistics. In the mean time please PM me with any questions. Thanks.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

whangdoodle

Greetings from Vegas!
Moved here 6 months ago and still living out of moving boxes. I should really get on that...
Hope to get an event going in the future but I'm still settling in and getting to know the natives. If any former local instructors want to get together and talk Appleseed, message me.

azmule

Oh-yeah...  I think I remember talking to you a while back - I completely forgot!  If you feel like taking a short drive this weekend, some of the Arizona crew will be at the Kingman KD, come out and say hi!  I'm getting ready to leave now, just got online to print out the sign-up sheet.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda