News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, "Winterseed", January 27-28, 2018

Started by Blindman, January 30, 2018, 07:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

January 27-28 Winterseed - without snow.
What an incredible inaugural event for the 2018 year! With the exception of some mid morning showers on Saturday, the weather was exceptional, high 40's and low 50s = perfect for shooting...... except that it was supposed to be a Winterseed  - No snow. =(
The Northern Ohio crew (Blindman, Cadence (Sun only), Charlie (Sat only), Little Buddy, Yankee and Topper)  turned out in force to assist a budding group of new Rifleman on their path to a qualifying score.
Our eager group of shooter showed excellent safe handling skills and an eagerness to learn.
     Redcoat scores :
              SAT            SUN
           AM    PM      AM   PM
  #        7       7        6     7
100       6      7         6     5
200       3      3         3     4
300       1      1         2     4
400       1      1         2     2
shingle   3     1          3    3
clear      0                       1

You could certainly tell that Yankee has been practicing over the winter, turning in a very good Redcoat and IMC presentation.
   After instruction, we turned to the AQT grind, and when the dust cleared, we had discovered among us, two who knew very much what they were about, Jerry Pelot (with a score of 215) and Ben Love (with another 215). All of our shooters had a great time, learned a great deal about their heritage and the safe practice of marksmanship and promise to return "down the trail". A special shout out goes to Preet Neki, who showed an eager learning attitude and perseverant spirit. Anyone who shows up on Saturday with a brand new rifle with newly installed tech sights has a learning curve ahead of him, but Preet showed a positive, teachable attitude and I know he will get his patch some day.
  regards to all
Blindman
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Charley

Great job to everyone! Sorry I missed the earning of patches and seeing improvement! Keep practicing all! Yankee did a fantastic Red coat and IMC presentation! You're hard work really showed! Hope to see you all the trail soon!

Also good job to Little Buddy for requalifing already this year with a 211 (this AQT was done with his M1 this time)  ^:)^

Corvette

Fantastic start to the 2018 Appleseed Trail in Ohio. Sounds like a great event. Sorry I could not join you all, my son and his new wife was visiting and I could not join you all.

Congrats to the news Riflemen and to Yankee for his instructional work at the event.  See you all soon on the trail.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

A few pictures to show this really happened.
The weather did not co-operate to make a Winterseed this year, but everyone had a good time anyway. I believe almost all the instructors
got some trigger time which is always a good thing.

Congratulations to our newest riflemen Ben & Jerry - No not those ice-cream makers !! Our patriots Ben & Jerry.

Congratulations also go out to Preet, who showed up with a new 10-22 with recently installed tech sights and made vast improvements over the weekend. He never became frustrated because he came with that all important teachable attitude. Come back again Preet because you can get that patch!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams