News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RIP Pitmaster

Started by SteelThunder, January 13, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

I just found out that our brother Bruce Cook, AKA Pitmaster, passed from this Earth on Friday peacefully after a long battle with liver cancer and other complications. Those that knew him were aware that he was a stalwart of Liberty and a strong proponent for Appleseed. When I pass from this Earth I hope to find him there with a plate of good brisket and smoked salmon. Until then I wish him to rest in peace and will be waiting for you my friend.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Oz

Bruce was a good man.  He was at my first Appleseed.  He was a bundle of energy, always asking questions and trying to learn more. And that brisket.   Take care, Bruce, see you down the long trail. 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

D.O.M.

Rats...
See you on the other side, Bruce.
:(
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

LadyE

R.I.P. PitMaster. Thank you for the conversations and advice, the good food, and the laughs. See you in Heaven.

I will look forward to the Brisket and maybe some BBQ.

~LadyE  :'( :-\ :'(

ITB

RIP, buddy.   :'(  You will be missed.

Bruce was one of Appleseed's most ardent supporters.

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Oz

Obituary and service information at the following link.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/southbendtribune/obituary.aspx?n=&pid=187842465&referrer=0&preview=True

"A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 11:30 AM at Palmer Funeral Home - Hickey Chapel, 17131 Cleveland Rd., South Bend, IN 46637. Friends may visit with the family 10-11:30 AM prior to the service.

Contributions in memory of Bruce Cook may be made to River Bend Cancer Services, 3516 E. Jefferson Blvd., South Bend, IN 46615. Online condolences can be shared with the Cook family at www.palmerfuneralhomes.com."
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Josey Wales

I am saddened by the news of our brother in liberty Pitmasters passing. Life truly is a struggle at its core. There are wonders and beauty along the way, please don't forget to cherish them. My sincerest condolences to all that knew Pitmaster. Good men are not forgotten. God Bless..

Strength & Honor, Josey Wales
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

AFTERMATH

Sad news indeed.:'( 

Some may still remember this piece from yesteryear...

An Ode to a Rifleman
by Steve "Big Papa" Anderson

A Rifleman is not born but is cast in the Rifleman's mold by other Riflemen. These are mentors of great character, who encourage him to
accept the honor, sacrifice and duty to defend those things most dear to patriots. A Rifleman learns that not all battles require a rifle, but he is to be
ready on a moments notice should one be required.

A Rifleman comprehends that the war for liberty is never won, but that battles must be fought and won every day. He obtains the foresight to know that the
battle today is of utmost importance and tomorrow there will be another battle of equal importance. He gains awareness that the interest of his country,
liberty and freedom should be foremost in his life.

A Rifleman becomes as knowledgeable of his rifle and gear as he is of his enemy. He grows proficient with the tools provided and is constantly striving to
improve. He grasps the knowledge that the path to true perfection has no end, but always, is the most honorable journey.

A Rifleman sees that he is surrounded by battlefields of all descriptions and magnitudes. He garners the ability to choose his battles and his battlefields. He
becomes sure of his skills but realizes that pride has no place on any battlefield. A Rifleman learns his job is never finished, that persistence can win any battle, and patience
can prevent many ill planned battles.

A Rifleman grows to be a warrior in all walks of life. He prays for peace, is pensive of the future and knows the enemy will never relent in it's pursuit
of destroying liberty and freedom. He is thankful for being deemed worthy of the title and honor.

A Rifleman's greatest honor comes with the passing of skills, heritage and knowledge of obligations to those that will and must continue the war. He
teaches them that a Rifleman's skills are never accomplished, but continuously pursued. When trained, his apprentices shoulder their arms and move on to
continue fighting the war and teaching others.

A Rifleman comes to know deep within his heart that when his replacements are trained, his ammo is low, his barrel is hot, the sun is on the Western horizon
and the enemy is scattered for the day, he, an old Rifleman, may go home in peace.

And when, as a Rifleman, he leaves the final battlefield the echoes of his life's accomplishments can be heard fading across the hillsides. Then, his
fellow Riflemen can gather around his grave and know, without question, that this warrior was truly a "Man among men", a "Man who knew what he
was about."

A Rifleman!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]