News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nunn CO Oct. 7, 2017 RKD

Started by Long Rifle, January 10, 2018, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

I apologize for the tardiness of the posting of the After Action Report. The holidays are a crazy time and 'Life' happened to me.

Thanks to the Great Guns Range in Nunn CO for hosting our last event of 2017.

Nine shooters shooters attended the Rimfire Known Distance (RKD) event. We started the day with a steel redcoat at 50 yards. Hit counts were low. After that we double checked our 25 yards zeros and refined their position using the 6 steps, NPOA, and riflemans cadence. Then we started backing up from 25 yards to get our come ups. Once we got to 100 yards we reviewed IMC. With come ups in place we started shooting ‘full distance' AQTs. Four shooters were able to meet the rifleman standard. Congratulations to all. We put up steel and backed up to 100 yards and played a team game. The day ended with a steel redcoat. Hit counts went up significantly.

We'll schedule a couple more RKDs at the Nunn range for next year so check the 2017 schedule to take the next step in your Appleseed journey.

Thanks to ‘my' crew of instructors for helping put on a great shoot (Joe, Philip).

We look forward to seeing everyone at a future Appleseed.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Nashville Stage

An RKD sounds neat! Out of curiosity, which targets did you use, and at what distances?
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Long Rifle

It's a cool event idea. Been doing them for 3 years or so. Popular event. I believe it's the next logical step from the Appleseed weekend event.

I use the 8 1/2 x 11 standing target you can get in a shoot box. Post them and shoot at 25, 50, 75, 100. Tape holes between strings. Use the positions and times we use for a 25 yard AQT.

There's a bunch of other POI that I cover before we start running AQTs. I'm in the process of reorganizing the curriculum to mirror what I do at the Whittington Center (with TaosGlock & Bluefeather) at full distance with center fire rifles.

If you're interested in a detailed description of the event, call me. It's easier to explain on the phone.

Cheers,
Long Rifle / Alan
(303) 570-5227
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.