News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2018 After Action Reports from other Sources

Started by scuzzy, January 10, 2018, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Please post here any news reports about Appleseed.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

GABrewer55

I attended the 3/3 & 3/4/18 Appleseed Event in Martin, GA. I would like to thank Steve (Morpheus), Jambo, Guitarzan, John, and Asa (spelling?) for their volunteerism and help for a very enjoyable and educational weekend. Your hard work and sacrifice are much appreciated.

My only regret is that I did not spend some time with my long gun before coming to the training. It was not zeroed in and I had several hardware related issues (sling attachment for M4) and a scope that got loose after zeroing it in! This caused me frustration that first day. No one's fault but my own. However, I could have worked on skill building instead of fixing hardware problems. Anyway, thank you all.

Gary aka GABrewer55

The Wolfhound

The Wolfhound

Got this lovely review after our last shoot.  It should be up on the host range Facebook page and ours as well:

IWLA Hosts Project Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic
On April 7 and 8 IWLA hosted a rifle marksmanship clinic conducted by Project Appleseed, an educational endeavor of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. Project Appleseed's marksmanship clinics teach the skills needed to earn the coveted title of Rifleman.  Project Appleseed  also uses the clinics as an educational opportunity to inspire Americans through the example of the "embattled farmers" of Lexington and Concord.  Just as the Massachusetts colonists of all ages and stations refused to sit idly by when their friends and liberties were threatened, Project Appleseed urges Americans of today to become an involved, informed and engaged citizenry, ensuring our representatives  preserve the Republic bequeathed to us by the heroes of the American Revolution.  As Project Appleseed points out,  if your representative is not doing his or her job, you can take the time to consistently let them know your views, or even run for office yourself. 
Clinic participants braved unseasonably cold temperatures and an April snowfall (according to Project Appleseed, such things don't bother a Rifleman) to practice the marksmanship skills valued by our forefathers.  Firing was at 25 meters, but the targets are scaled to simulate ranges from 100 to 400 yards.  During breaks in the shooting, Project Appleseed coaches spread out the maps and took us back to April 19, 1775, when tradesman, farmers and shopkeepers stunned the world by defending the rights of free citizens.   As the British found to their dismay, the Americans, militiamen and noncombatants alike, were no moth-eaten rabble but rather well-disciplined citizens, able to handle themselves with self-control and determination.   These colonials faced a choice, and when it came down to it they chose to defend their liberties, human decency, and each other.  What they did was remarkable. 
To return to the clinic, it was a rewarding, and humbling, experience.  Like many, I fancied myself a pretty fair shot.  But it is one thing to fire from a bench,  it is quite another to go repetitively through a timed course of fire from standing, sitting and prone positions.  "Good grief", I thought, "I'm not such a good shot after all."    While I did not earn a Rifleman badge, by heeding the patient coaching of the Appleseed instructors I saw my scores gradually climb.  I found I could make what I thought were impossible shots, like putting a round through Morgan's Shingle or hitting the Death Star courtesy of the Force just like Luke Skywalker.  If you want to know what all that means, you will just have to sign up for a Project  Appleseed clinic to find out!  They can be found at appleseedinfo.org.  Just be sure to bring a teachable attitude, a willingness to work hard, and a sense of humor.  Many thanks to Project Appleseed,  to IWLA and to Marty Sprick for making the clinic possible.

UrbanSquatch

Just finished up the two day clinic in Napanee Indiana. Big thanks to Click, Three Dogs and Grey Wolf for their professional instruction and commitment. Very much enjoyed being reminded of the greatness of those who came before us to secure the freedoms we still enjoy. Especially enjoyed the individual stories on the second day, you just won't hear this important history anywhere else. Let me tell you, I have always considered myself as a competent rifflemen but with the instruction I received this weekend I have a whole new skill set to practice and develop. Thanks Appleseed, We will be back...
Protecting Liberty is a task never finished

Tiger_Shilone

Was suggested I should post this on your forums, but insufficient privilege to post new thread in AAR forum.  Link to post on rimfire central appleseed section I made for  "Boulder CO may 2018 2 day appleseed clinic":
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1112514&highlight=

cabeasley

I had the pleasure of attending the event at the Manatee Gun and Archery club this past weekend. I loved every minute of it! My only regret is that I injured myself at home Sunday morning (slip and fall), and went to the doctor instead of the second day of the Appleseeed event. Darn it!!! I'll be fine. I just needed a few stitches and a few days to heal. I've already signed up for another Appleseed event in October. I can't wait! The training I received was better than other classes I've attended. And for the price... Appleseed events are the best training value you'll find! (thank you to the volunteers who make this possible). I'll see you in October :-)

TOMINCT

Here's an AAR published in the E-zine at the WWW.1911.org site. He did a nice job in producing it and added a few thoughts of his own at the end. This story is from the one day shoot in Lebanon in April, 2018.

https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?253-M1911-ORG-Does-Project-Appleseed
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

scuzzy

Thanks for the reports. We haven't updated our latest new page on the website in quite awhile.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Cmdr of Flying Saucer X-2

Quote from: TOMINCT on June 18, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Here's an AAR published in the E-zine at the WWW.1911.org site. He did a nice job in producing it and added a few thoughts of his own at the end. This story is from the one day shoot in Lebanon in April, 2018.

What a great write up. The author said he isn't sure if he'd do another Appleseed due to physical issues. This Lebanon is in Ct.? Maybe someone from that realm can reach out to him about the adaptive shooting aspect of AS.
When your government tells you who the enemy is, that is war.

When you figure it out for yourself, that is revolution.

TOMINCT

Hi Cmdr, already have. Hope that he can make it back sometime in the future.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

stoneknives

Quote from: cabeasley on June 18, 2018, 11:33:45 AM
I had the pleasure of attending the event at the Manatee Gun and Archery club this past weekend. I loved every minute of it! My only regret is that I injured myself at home Sunday morning (slip and fall), and went to the doctor instead of the second day of the Appleseeed event. Darn it!!! I'll be fine. I just needed a few stitches and a few days to heal. I've already signed up for another Appleseed event in October. I can't wait! The training I received was better than other classes I've attended. And for the price... Appleseed events are the best training value you'll find! (thank you to the volunteers who make this possible). I'll see you in October :-)

You were missed, I hope the injuries wont hold you back. See you in October....or maybe September?

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

cabeasley

Thanks Henry. I'll be good as new soon. Just a flesh wound. I'll see you in October, in Clearwater.

Catch-10-22

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

The Wolfhound

This is a great post about the topic of Maximum Point Blank Range.  I was pleased to see an Appleseed reference in the last sentence.

http://bluecollarprepping.blogspot.com/2018/07/zeroing-rifle-using-maximum-point-blank.html

TaosGlock

A forum I have moderated since 2005, AR-15 Armory had a private shoot with Project Applesed.
Here:
http://ar15armory.com/forums/topic/186520-project-appleseed-armory-shoot-nrawc-cooper-range-aug-4-5-2018/

I started the AAR, but others chimed in.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose