News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great class

Started by hardlyworking, April 24, 2018, 08:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardlyworking

Had a great class this weekend at the 1000 yard range at Coalinga Rifle Club.

Coalinga is roughly in the middle of the state, at least the highly populated areas, it was a 3.5 hour drive from my normal Piru home range.  25 students shooting, 25 pulling targets.  30 minute fire sessions.  Roughly 12 coaches, but possibly more, I had a coach to my self 2/4 sessions, and the other two I was sharing with Orange Hat Chris.

Clinic was meant to teach students to read the wind signs, mirage and flags, grass in front of the firing line, and build your ability to make a reasonable wind call and put shots on target.  Aiming black was about around 50 inches across so ~5MOA.

They have offered this class taught by some of the best 1000 yard shooters in the state/USA for several years now mostly at Sacramento but this year they came south a bit.

I highly recommend it, and I had a great time!

A link if you want to see more about it: http://www.beingofservicerifle.com/special-events/