News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new Shoot Boss ... AF5US!!!

Started by Ghostring, December 19, 2017, 10:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

[cue Movie Announcer Voice]
From up in the frozen tundra of Waco ... comes a man.  A man with a radio call sign...and a plan...and a green hat!  :cool2:
AF5US stars in "The New Texas Shoot Boss"  :---
[...and CUT!]

Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!

Please join me in giving a rounding cheer to Texas' newest Shoot Boss: AF5US !!!

Jason's been working the Waco range with Steck and her crew for awhile now, always prepared, always on-time, and always keeping the voices of Liberty and Freedom ringing.

Way to go, Jason!  O0  :F

P.S. - Hope to see you in Ft Worth this upcoming year!  :))
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

Congrats to Jason! And a big Huzzah too!!!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

WOOOOOT !!!

^:)^    ^:)^    ^:)^   

Well-deserved, Jason, proud o' ya kid.

Now, do your paperwork    ;D

AF5US

Quote from: Steck on December 19, 2017, 11:15:11 AM
WOOOOOT !!!

^:)^    ^:)^    ^:)^   

Well-deserved, Jason, proud o' ya kid.

Now, do your paperwork    ;D

Steck, you're blaming the wrong messenger.  I'm waiting for the promotion to work it's way through the system before I'm able to close out some of the Shoot Boss tasks.  I'm keeping an eye on it, and as soon as it's ready I'm on it  ;D

Jim, thank you for the warm welcome.  The Frozen Waco tundra was pretty funny.  There was a difference of opinion at the range.  Native Texans agreed it was cold.  Northern refugees like NJRefugee and I noted that we didn't have to dig our car out of three feet of snow to get there.  O0

And, considering I'm supposed to be doing shoot boss in Fort Worth . . . yep, I plan on being at the Fort Worth shoots.  ;)
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Texas T

Well done!! Thanks for the work and dedication that it takes to reach this level.  :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

NJrefugee

Congrats!  Seems like just yesterday that you were striving for your first 210. Now you're all growns up!!!

AF5US

Quote from: NJrefugee on December 19, 2017, 06:17:06 PM
Congrats!  Seems like just yesterday that you were striving for your first 210. Now you're all growns up!!!

NJRefugee - If you think I'm going to take that attitude from you . . . then you're right.  But only because you're the one that helped my correct my form, which led to me getting that 228.    ;D

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

AF5US

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on December 19, 2017, 07:02:40 PM
Yay Jason!!!!!!!!    :bow: ^:)^

Awww, shucks.  Thanks Mrs. Smith.  I know you're working your way to a new hat too; I'm sure you're right behind me.

Man - 2017 kind of went fast.  I started the year wearing an orange hat, and am finishing it with a green  :F

Jerry Hall

Jason,
Welcome  to the Texas Shoot Boss Cadre, Congratulations... ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Happy Appleseeding Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

AF5US

Quote from: Jerry Hall on December 19, 2017, 08:02:50 PM
Jason,
Welcome  to the Texas Shoot Boss Cadre, Congratulations... ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Happy Appleseeding Trails,
Jerry

Hehehe, don't I know it. They were making plans for me before I even got the hat.

Thanks Jerry!

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Congrats Jason! I know you have worked hard for it.!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

DrRichP

Congratulations Jason! And thank you for stepping up. We have a big job ahead of us so were going to work you like a sled dog (I hope).  ;)   ~~:)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

scuzzy

Quote from: DrRichP on December 28, 2017, 08:33:35 PM
Congratulations Jason! And thank you for stepping up. We have a big job ahead of us so were going to work you like a sled dog (I hope).  ;)   ~~:)

Jason Rocks!

Not sure if he's a sled dog but he does bite. He's had his shots though so it's OK.

Jason - if you haven't seen this yet then please do:

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=52702.0

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Thank you both Steve & Dr. Rich.

LOL - Y'all are hitting on all of my favorite things.  Talking about working me like a sled dog - It's a little-known fact that I'm a HUGE fan of huskies; I used to be part of a rescue but I've had to put that to the side for now with a lot of young, loud mini-me's running around.  They're great sled dogs but I don't know if I want to be on the OTHER end of the sled  ;D

Kirby - Project Appleseed and Amateur Radio? Fantastic !   O0

I'll definitely follow up on this.  I've already signed up for the KD in Texas for that weekend, but maybe I can help make this work during the week.  I'll reach out to Jerry2017 and we'll see what we can make work.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Ragnar Delta

AF5US

Quote from: Ragnar Delta on January 22, 2018, 01:05:19 PM
Huzzah! Sorry I'm late, congrats!

Nah, you're not late.  You and I work together and caught up in person.  You've got your own celebration, though  O0

Richard D. Jones

And youse guy thought you were late... Congratulations!
"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

AF5US

Quote from: Richard D. Jones on February 19, 2018, 12:42:24 AM
And youse guy thought you were late... Congratulations!

LOL - Yeah, sure, but . . . we work together at every Waco shoot.  You told me in person.   ;D