News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, Tallahassee, FL 16-17 December 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, December 17, 2017, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

I feel sorry for all who weren't here this weekend, great weather, and great people. In no particular order, Jan after 6 years received his Red Hat, Kim scored a new personal best 247 on the AQT, new comer Robert got to 209.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

gunjunkie

Another perfect weekend at IDMR. It was a pleasure to instruct two great students and watching their progress with each target shot. Congratulations to Kim, my wife on her new personal best and to Robert who came oh so close. Evelyn, always a pleasure you are an inspiration to us all. Can't wait for the boot camp.

I would like to wish all in Appleseed a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year.     
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Lucky Lori

Lucky Lori

JustKim

GREAT weekend!  Both shooters made tons of progress!  Evelyn, as always was such a joy!  Robert was SO CLOSE!!!!  I'm sure he'll earn his rifleman patch at his next Appleseed - Looking forward to the Boot Camp!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

TheMenace

Huzzah! Congratulations silverbullet!  ^:)^
Where's the pictures?
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

sleepy

Congratulations, Kim! You keep raising that bar for the rest of us LOL!

I don't think I could do a 247 with a .223 Eberhard-Farber at one yard, much less a rifle at 25m.

woodstock16

Ramseur 3-17 RBC - Rifleman & Long Range
Long Range 7-17- RwQual & Long Range - Talledaga
Calera 8-17 IBC
TALLEDEGA- REQUAL & LONG RANGE- 8-17
Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.