News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Port Townsend, WA Dec 9-10 2017

Started by janer, December 14, 2017, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

Nineteen slightly cold, but enthusiastic shooters showed up for the last JCSA Appleseed of 2017 to hear some history and improve their marksmanship. It was cold, but no sign of rain.

Many thanks to Jefferson County Sportsmen's Association for hosting this event.  They are very supportive of Appleseed and it is appreciated.

Congratulations to our three new Riflemen:  Pete with his AR, who later repeated a rifleman score with iron sights, Mike who also repeated a couple more times and to Duncan who improved all weekend and shot rifleman Sunday afternoon.  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Brett is knocking at the door with a score of 200.  There was steady improvement in all scores (until fatigue set in on Sunday).

We had a number of brand new shooters this weekend, and you could see everyone working to apply what they were learning.

Our two young shooters, Taylor and Dutch hung in there and worked hard all weekend.

Take a look at the "Do Your Homework" handout. It works.

Thanks to new Orange hat NOT ON SUNDAY! 

I really enjoyed working with you all and hope to see you back on the line.

maxwell

Huzzah! Congrats to the new Riflemen, and everyone who hung in there; I'm assuming fingers were numb, even if it didn't rain. I was super disappointed when I saw this pop up on my calendar and realized it would be the first JCSA shoot I've missed since March 2015, but I'm glad Not On Sunday has stepped up to take a hat.

farmerjohn

Missed seeing you Maxwell, another cold windy Saturday.