News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Some sad news for Project Appleseeds

Started by PHenry, December 12, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

I got a call recently from one of the finest men I have ever been Blessed to know. DrJohn let me know that it is time for him to leave the program. I asked him to offer his own words for posting here.

Quote"These past eight years, since my involvement with Project Appleseed, have been some of the most enjoyable, rewarding, and memorable years of my life. Together we have worked together, improvised, adapted, and overcome, and enjoyed unforgettable experiences. The volunteers with whom I have associated have offered me respect, affection, and support without any reservation whatsoever, and it is appreciated more than you can possibly know. However, personal considerations have made it very difficult for me to continue my involvement, no matter how strongly I wish to continue to spread the message of Liberty, and accordingly I have submitted my resignation to PHenry effective immediately. I do so from the organization itself and not from the volunteers, whom I consider the finest people who walk the earth. I trust that my separation will be done with dignity and a lack of rancor and I wish you all the greatest success in your continued efforts. I have discussed this with length with my family and with PHenry, a man whose dedication to excellence, integrity, and love and support for his fellow man have been a continual inspiration to me. May God bless you all, and may Liberty increase forever!

John "DrJohn" Sampson"

DrJohn's leaving means GA is now in dire need of a new state coordinator and mentor of few peers. This is the definition of "big boots to fill". The only saving grace is that DrJohn promised I still get to speak to him at will and see him now and agin.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

9mm4545

DrJohn was one of my early mentors and I have to say he has changed how I think. I understand his leaving but I sure will miss him in the program. Godspeed and blessing upon him as a new phase in life begins.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

The Wolfhound

I met John at the most recent IBC at Ramseur in August.  One would not be able to find a more selfless and dedicated volunteer.  This is indeed a great loss for the program. Thank you, John, for showing how one executes an honorable and grace filled exit.

theri

DrJohn was an outstanding instructor as well as an outstanding man.  He was the shoot boss who gave me my red hat in July 2011.  He will be sorely missed.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Guardian

I'm saddened to lose my mentor in the program. DrJohn was the shoot boss at my first event, coached me through the orange hat days, and continued to aid my growth as a red hat and shoot boss. I hope that I can do his mentoring justice.

Goodwill and Godspeed, my friend, in your endeavors outside of Appleseed! Your enthusiasm, patience, and example will be sorely missed.

scuzzy

Hey John,

You'll be sorely missed. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

In Liberty,
Kirby
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PHenry

At least Tiva the wonder dog will no longer have to suffer the sound of rifle reports and time at the kennel! Now we all have to find reasons to work events near him in GA so we can all meet at the great little restaurant in a house in "downtown" area to break bread.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Leadslinger66

Dr. John, thank you for all you have done in the name of liberty, and thank you for your wisdom and support for me as an IIT.

May you be blessed with good health and good times with your family and friends in the future!

Hope to see you from time to time. God bless you brother!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

brianf31

If ever there was a man more devoted to the cause of Liberty than Dr. John, I am not aware of him. It is both rare and special to meet men of his caliber.  Dr. John's mentoring and friendship mean more to me than he will ever know. 
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

Roswell

I have had this thread open on my computer for over two weeks now trying to think of something appropriate to say. Nothing I think of can convey the depth of my own gratitude to John, or the level of John's selflessness in the cause of Liberty, or the fierceness of his loyalty to his friends. All I can say is thank you John, for all you have done for Appleseed, Liberty and me personally. I look forward to staying in touch in the future and putting some lead down range with you sometime. May Liberty increase forever!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Stockbreaker

Dr. John was a welcoming instructor at the first of many events I've been pleased to attend. Earned my Rifleman badge that first shoot in Toccoa, 2015. An honor to learn from you Sir.

hogfamily

My son Travis, (Maniac), and I had the honor and pleasure to have met Dr John at the recent Talladega CMP KD.

What an outstanding Patriot!

Saturday morning after Dr John introduced himself, which Travis and I were the only two that have not met him before, all those in the room that considered Dr John a mentor in Liberty and Appleseed were asked to stand. I think all but about three of us in that room stood.

Actually Travis and I could have stood as we have learned a great deal from him on this forum.

Dr John, I hope our paths cross again! Sir you are a true Patriot. Thank you for helping make Appleseed what it is today.

May you be be blessed in your future endeavors.

HUZZAH!
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"