News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA 12/9-10, 2017

Started by EZ3, December 10, 2017, 09:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

When the instructor crew arrived to set up Saturday morning the thermometer read 15 degrees.  It did not go above 32 degrees all day.  Still, eight hardy Americans showed up for a chilly dose of marksmanship and American heritage.  Cwcdl79 led the way by clearing the morning Redcoat, thereby winning the coveted PA First Rifle Regiment patch.  Instruction ensued, much of it taking place in the Clubhouse, and evidently learning resulted.  Brad won his Winterseed patch with a score of 223, and a couple of other students also scored well.

When we arrived Sunday morning there was snow on the ground.  Probably this was Tom's fault, because whenever anyone had complained about the cold on Saturday he said, "At least there's no snow!"  The moral of this story is: Never challenge Mother Nature!  The temperature was ten degrees higher than Saturday, but a steady ten mph crosswind, occasionally gusting to 15 - 20, kept us company all day.  Appleseed veterans Jeremy and Ethan joined the students on Sunday, and things heated up on the firing line.  Jeremy cleared the AM Redcoat, achieving a goal of many months and winning his First PA Rifles patch.  Soon the Winterseed patches were flying around like snowflakes.  Jeremy earned his with a 223, followed by 221 and 217.  Ethan earned his with a 211, followed by 219 and 221.  Tom earned his with a 226 and John with a 223.

Brad followed up Saturday's performance with a 210, and by winning the Steel Challenge on the KD range with a low time of 24.43 seconds.  The awards ended with Noah and Rowan receiving the William Diamond patch for their teachable attitudes and persistence.  The instructor crew were all impressed with their progress and willingness to endure some very trying weather conditions.  Also, a personal thanks to the instructors who produced such great results: cwcdl79, Crazyduckhunter and Aragorn.  Congratulations to Aragorn for passing his PC3, and Welcome to Jim and Mike, who started their Appleseed Journey as IITs this weekend.  Also thanks to Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting Appleseed for the past eight years.

This was a GREAT way to close out 2017!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

PA10mm

Yes it was a great way to end 2017!

It was great to get out there in the cold and put rounds downrange with a bunch of dedicated patriots.

I'm thankful for the people I met today and the instructors for putting on another fantastic event.

It's always a great time at BVRPC.

Huzzah!
Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.

Texas T

Welcome aboard, Jim and Mike. Thanks for stepping up.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

A sturdy group it was.  I regret that I couldn't have been there more and that the follow up festivities could not be shared by more.  It was great seeing you all Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to a bright new year.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

cwcdl79

GREAT shoot! Very glad I was able to make it across that dividing line and join so many Americans devoted to learning to shoot effectively as well as learning more about our Heritage. Congratulations to all that braved the frozen sunless tundra of Beaver Valley. Keep up the work and you'll see it pay off big time! Those blue patches sure look great (maybe next time i'll have to break my girl out and try a quick AQT)!