News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arizona events in 2018

Started by azmule, December 04, 2017, 02:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

Will be added here as range approval is received.

7 Mile Hill range in Kingman, AZ:
Feb 3-4-5, 2018 (3 day advanced Known Distance)
Apr 21-22, 2018
Oct 13-14-15, 2018  (3 day advanced Known Distance)
Nov 10-11, 2018

Chino Valley Shooting Range in Chino Valley, AZ:
April 21-22, 2018
June 2-3, 2018
August 18-19
November 3-4, 2018

Joe Foss Shooting Complex in Buckeye (Phoenix) , AZ:

Marana Shooting Club in Marana (Tucson) , AZ:
Feb 10-11, 2018
Mar 10-11, 2018
Apr 14-15, 2018
Sep 8-9, 2018
Oct 13-14, 2018
Nov 10-11, 2018

Northern Arizona Shooting Range in Flagstaff, AZ:
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

opivy79

Hi,

Thanks in advance for answering. I wanted to bring my son (12) to an event soon. Should I try to to show him my understanding of positional shooting or let someone who knows better do it. He has his good firearm safety skills but mostly shoots from a bench.

Thanks in advance,

John

azmule

Hi John,

Having attended Appleseed in the past, how confident are you in being able to teach what you've learned?  "Learn today - teach tomorrow" being a major objective of Appleseed.  That said, however, I've seen plenty of examples of kids learning more effectively from somone other than a parent (usually an issue with teenagers, but sometimes younger.)  You know your son better than anybody, and we will teach as we teach either way.

MadAmos

Any news/thoughts on when or if a Flagstaff event might happen this year?

azmule

Looks like there may not be one this year at least.  Since most - in fact, all but a few - attendees at Flagstaff were from Phoenix anyway, Chino Valley has kind of replaced it as our summer range, being located about midway between Phoenix and Flagstaff.

That may still change of course if there's a renewed demand from Flagstaff, but after several years of trying, we just didn't seem to catch on with the locals there.  Are you in Flagstaff?  You want to spread the word and help fill the line for future shoots there?

MadAmos

I can ask around again, it could be partly an awareness thing.  Perhaps see if the folks at the range might start making a note if someone is interested.

wheelgunner

When does the 2019 schedule come out?

azmule