News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX December 2-3, 2017

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, December 01, 2017, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We had a great group of 9 shooters join us in College Station for the latest Appleseed!

There was heavy fog on the way to the range, but most of the fog disapated by the time we were ready for the first hits count.

TT92, Didactic and Ghostring worked this shoot with me.  The teamwork was awesome as always.

Almost every shooter employed a 10/22. Several shooters had been to Appleseed earlier this year.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Shooters absorbed info and improved throughout the day.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

I liked how our "instruction amphitheater" came together.

I always enjoy Didactic's detailed 1st Strike with sound effects.  ;)

Ball and dummy

Targets don't lie!

Ghostring is always fascinating to listen to.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday we knew rain was in the forecast. This "inspired" us to get to AQTs as soon as possible.  ~~:)

OH LOOK! A new IIT! Devil Pup knows what she is about. Her dad TT92 made sure. We put her to work first thing.

Ladyseed Man Slave

A large number of the shooters had let us know they were going to church Sunday and would be a little late.

I chose to have the first 3 shooters there on Sunday shoot an AQT. The remaining 5 shooters - 8 total for Sunday - arrived before the first shooters had finished their AQT so I had them verify rifle zero on 1" square to maximize their available time.

Here come the clouds...

Ladyseed Man Slave

3 shooters shot 5 AQTs and 5 shooters shot 4 AQTs. We also made time for an NPOA drill.

After lunch and more history to my horror I found I had not replenished my supply box's load of AQT targets since the last shoot two weeks ago. We were out of AQT targets! The first time that has happened to me in 10 years! Ghostring had fallen ill early and didn't make the shoot that Sunday and my other fellow instructors had no AQTs.

We had to improvise, adapt and overcome!

Since rain was looming I had the shooters shoot a GreenCoat practice target with the promise that if someone made the correct round count and threshold Rifleman score on the appropriate size target I would sign off on it. Thing is that only covered Stages 1 - 3.  Soo...

Ever persistent Didactic drove to College Station with one surviving copy of the AQT and made several copies of Stage 4 so our shooters AQT grind could continue.

In the mean time I had the shooters shoot the final Hits Count about 2:30PM or so.

By the time Didactic returned with Stage 4 copies 6 shooters, with the first rain drops falling, decided to call it a day.

We had a cleanup period, made sure our departing shooters knew they were welcome back anytime and then 2 local shooters decided to continue on their quest to master the  AQT - IN THE RAIN. I was proud of all of our shooters, but especially proud of these two out there persisting.

Soon the rain fell harder and we called it a day.

Thank you everyone for a safe shoot!

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Onward through the fog.

Man - running out of AQTs, or plain forgetting them, is my biggest fear. I ought to keep a stash in my truck at all times.

Cool - another IIT. And some die hard shooters. What more could you ask for?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

That fog was impressive. Buccee's parking lot early Saturday. You could not see the Buccee's sign from Hwy 290 through the fog.

I hear ya on targets.

I plan to keep an Appleseed "Spare Tire" box at the range going forward.

If you have 1" squares, AQTs and chambers flags you can Appleseed!
Ladyseed Man Slave

sleepy Joe

By the numbers