News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman checking in, just moved to Atlanta area.

Started by M1Rifleman, December 30, 2017, 08:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1Rifleman

Hi guys,

CA Rifleman here, finally escaped from behind enemy lines.  I'm a bit disheartened at the most recent posts here, it seems morale is low?  To this Rifleman, GA is the promised land!  Very happy to be here.  I'm ready to attend another Appleseed event.  As I dont know the area too well, can anyone recommend which is best within a two hour drive? I'm in Fayette County.

Leadslinger66

Welcome to Georgia Sheepdog!

Check out the schedule map here https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/.

I think Fayette County is fairly close to 2 hours driving distance of most events in Georgia ( and maybe even some in Alabama too). The Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee instructor cadre is a great group.

Hopefully I'll see you on the line sometime!

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Maximum Ordinate

Welcome, AS!

Lots of Appleseeding happening in the South!

If you have an inkling that you might want to become an instructor    ~~:)  we have the tri-state (AL/GA/TN) Instructor Boot Camp happening in January!

It's free to attend.... check it out here!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

franklinfarmer

Hey Buddy,

Based on your location, the closest venues are Waco, Macon, and Buford...pretty much in that order.  Apologies if I've missed any.  There may not be too many shoots on the schedule at the moment, but keep your eyes open.  You might also keep your eyes open for shoots in Talladega Alabama if you're into that kind of powder puff sort of shooting arrangement. 

John
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce