News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chino Valley, AZ Nov 25-26, 2017

Started by azmule, November 25, 2017, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

This was our inaugural Appleseed event at the shiny new Chino Valley Shooting Facility - this range is well designed and sharply run, the weather was perfect, and despite (or because of?) Thanksgiving weekend, our line was full of fellow Americans eager to celebrate their globally unique shared history and heritage.  In addition to the locals, one family drove in from Las Vegas, and we had quite a few folks come up from the Phoenix area - this venue looks like it might join Flagstaff as a popular "cool-off" alternative for heat-weary Phoenicians.

Because of the holiday weekend, we started off with only two Instructors for the full line of shooters, but one of our registered shooters turned out to be someone who was an Instructor in another state before moving to Arizona, Dan readily stepped up to give us a much needed hand, and contributed considerably to the success of the weekend.

After a sign-in and a quick introduction and safety briefing, our first Redcoat target showed a wide range of ability, a range that got narrower as the weekend progressed, showing us two new Riflemen (one of whom will be taking an Orange Hat as an IIT at his next event!) with several more knocking on the door with scores in the 200 range.  Persistence is the key!

As mentioned above, this is a great range filled with great people in what is essentially the heart of "gun culture" in Arizona.  I'm truly excited about offering Appleseed here, more to appear on the schedule soon!

Some pictures soon - as soon as the "old guy" gets them off his phone and post-ready.   ;D

Chino Valley shooters, this is the place to post comments, questions, pictures, etc.

Scott (azmule)
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Rumpshot

Scott,

Thanks for coming to Chino Valley for this Appleseed.  I have tried to get one put together here for about 4 years now and did not succeed.  For various reasons.  I was unable to attend this Appleseed because I was out of state for Thanksgiving.

Just for the record, I brought Appleseed to Arizona with the first class in, I believe, Oct 2008.  It was a little windy that day...

Rumpshot
Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

azmule

Rumpshot - how ya been?  I was wondering if you were still around, thought of you when this one got scheduled.

I've submitted 3 shoots here for 2018, still waiting for the range to accept the dates before I post 'em, but if approved  the first one is the Patriot's Day weekend in April.  You gonna be available to help us out?
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda