News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2018 Instructor Boot Camp, MI

Started by Corvette, November 21, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio Appleseed Instructors, IIT's and SB's

I was unable to organize an Ohio IBC for this coming winter.  For that you have my apologies.  However, I can say from experience that the Michigan IBC is truely OUTSTANDING.  I would encourage any of you that can make it to Michigan in February, it would be worth the effort.

They do an outstanding job with the weekend.  Sleeping in the range's club house is available to keep the costs down.  They do a great job with the instructions and it is a great way to meet our friends in Michigan.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to answer them. 

The link to the event on the forum is here  https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=52236.0

I will try to make it if schedule allows and I hope to see many of you there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Shep

I went last Year and plan to go again this one; it's really an awesome experience.
I'd encourage everyone to do it if you can.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Superheat

Corvette, thank you for the endorsement.

On behalf of the Michigan cadre, we welcome our Appleseed bothers and sisters from the great state of Ohio to attend the 2018 IBC.  Please mark your calendars, February 23-25 2018. This year we will be back in Lansing, MI.

If you have never been to an IBC, you are missing out.  Typically, the event will begin with an optional first aid class on Friday at 6pm.  Saturday will be in depth class room and hands on instructing POIs.  Sunday will touch on history and tips for presenting.

We expect roughly 50 instructors with a mix from IIT0 to Senior instructors and Applecore.  Everyone will be leaving their ego at home.  This is a unique opportunity to improve our instructor skills.  By removing students from the weekend we can focus all our efforts on improving our instruction.  I feel that this allows for a giant leap forward.

No one, NO ONE should feel inadequte or not ready to attend.  It doesn't matter if you are brand new, just rusty or a well oiled redhat, you will have a great time and grow as an instructor.

The cost is kept to an absolute minimum.  Typically, $10 range fee and a meal plan if you are interested. (maybe....$60 for the weekend? please don't hold me to that)  Most people just crash at the club. Some will get a hotel 5 minutes down the road.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. 

Crazyduckhunter

Where and how do I sign up for this?

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter,

Just go to TIPs and pick sign up.  Select Michigan and the IBC at Lansing.  That will get you signed up.  It will be worth your time.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

I believe the hospitality and knowledge shared at the MI IBC are second to none.  You will learn a ton and have a great time.

Go if at all possible.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

AHA there it is. Thanks. Signed up.

Oz

Howdy, folks!  It will be great to meet more instructors!  It's the best training I've ever had, on any subject.  As a new IIT I wasn't sure I'd be able to EVER do what the instructors were doing; after my first IBC the clouds parted and it became very do-able, and I learn more every year. 

But here's the important part of this note: 

The main planning thread for the Michigan IBC is at the following link, lots of good information there:

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=52747.msg352167

Please note that the signup is not like a normal shoot.  Please don't use the TIPS signup process for the IBC (unless you're personally instructed by the SB--Superheat--to do so).  Everyone who is attending should sign up via the following link:

https://appleseedinfo.org/citizen/?registerlink=https://goappleseednow.org/?event=lansing-mi-instructor-boot-camp-february-23-25-2018

You'll see you're signing up as if you were a student at one of our events, rather than the TIPS sign up.  (Don't worry about the scary credit card logos--you'll see the price is $0, no payment required at this time, payment will be at the door.)

If the SB tells you to sign up as an Instructor, still sign up at the above link (so there is one master list of attendees), and in addition sign up via TIPS. 

Thank you very much!  See you next month! 

Oz 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Crazyduckhunter

Thant you. And done as instructed. See ya there!

Oz

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on January 11, 2018, 09:17:57 PM
Thant you. And done as instructed. See ya there!

Outstanding!  See you there!   O0
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."