News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, FL Ladyseed Nov. 18-19, 2017

Started by Minutemom, November 21, 2017, 10:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minutemom

It was a beautiful weekend at Central FL Rifle and Pistol Club, where 10 determined women came to a sold-out Ladyseed to improve their marksmanship skills and learn about their heritage.  Every lady came equipped with an incredibly teachable attitude, and eagerly soaked up the instruction all weekend long.

Probably the best part of the whole event was the camaraderie and friendships that were formed.  It was awesome to see the ladies encouraging and supporting each other throughout the weekend.  It was obvious that the stories of the brave men, women, and children that sacrificed so much to secure our liberties resonated deeply with this group of patriots.

Kudos to our young patriot, 11 year old Justine, who persevered and displayed such focus and determination that she no doubt could put many adults to shame.  She impressed all the instructors with her expert command of the bolt on her single-shot rifle, despite never having used a rifle before.  Thanks also to our other young patriot Gabby, who joined us for a while on Sunday.  You are always a joy to work with!

Congratulations to our newest riflewoman Loretta, who made score with an impressive 222!  Your hard work and persistence paid off well!  We also had a repeat riflewoman in Caryn, who requalified with a score of 216.  Great work Caryn!

Raggin and Kristina, you were so close!  You both worked so hard and made such tremendous progress!  I just know that the rifleman patch will be yours sooner or later!  Henrietta, you had such a positive attitude all weekend - you were an inspiration to us all.  Jennifer, you never gave up despite frustrations.  Keep with it!  Carol, your smile was contagious, and your teachable attitude was no doubt the cause of your impressive improvements throughout the weekend.  Trish, you were so focused despite difficulties, you definitely have what it takes!  Lisette, your perseverance with having to use the hasty sling gave new meaning to the phrase improvise, adapt, and overcome.  You are an amazing woman!

Every single one of you has the focus and determination necessary to become a riflewoman!  Practice what you learned in dryfire at home, and you will attain your goal.  I am so proud of every single one of you, and I sincerely hope that I will see you all on the line again!

I want to give a special thank you to the South Orlando chapter of The Well-Armed Woman.  You are an amazing group of women and it was an absolute pleasure working with you!

And last but not least, thank you so much to the wonderful instructors who made this shoot such a success.  Rambo Granny, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge, energy, and devotion!  inSANEmom, you are such a pleasure to work with.  You were so great with working with the ladies on the line!  Minnesotarabit, you are indispensable and we all enjoyed your stories so much.

Our men were wonderful and amazing as well.  Thank you so much Mr. Pete, 9mm4545, smoakingun, xsquidgator, and Ted for your help and support this weekend.  Thanks Ted for the coffee and donuts to keep us going!  And we had a special cameo from PHenry, who came out on Saturday to gaze upon his first Ladyseed.  We loved having you!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Minutemom

Some more pictures
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

minnesotarabit

Great shoot, weather was mostly beautiful and a good line! Justine and Kristina, thank you so much for the painted AS pocket stones! I know all the instructors as well as I were very impressed and touched, especially knowing you went home Saturday night and stayed up doing these for us as tired as you both had to be!

Thanks MM for your wonderful organization, and to all the ladies and gentlemen who went so far above and beyond as usual. We appreciate WAW having us and hope to see some of you at the Malabar LS in January!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Agent355

Hey Minute Mom, Rambo Granny, inSanemom, Minesotarabit, 9mm4545, smoakingun, Mr. Pete, Tom -- all of you are fabulous to work with.
Having never touched a rifle before, the experience was so awesome.  I enjoyed the wonderful stories and reminder of our precious Liberty.
God bless all of you for your patience and ability to repeat the same thing 900 times. My ears never tired each 899 times.
While i would have liked to conquer the AQT, I look forward to the next time when I will have familiarity with the rifle. 
It worked great when I remembered to take the safety off.
9mm4545 and Rambo Granny, thanks so much for trusting a newbie with your loaner.
I couldn't sleep on Sunday night trying to come with with a username.
If you're not familiar with Agent 355, look it up.
You might think it is a good fit. :)
I look forward to seeing each of you at the next one!!
Thank you all so very much!! :1luvu

Minutemom

rambo granny

Hot off the press:
2 minute Ladyseed video:
https://vimeo.com/244350136
Password open007
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

B.C.

The video is now up on our Florida YouTube channel, here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYCCFrUqcoU

Thanks RG!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"