News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2 HUZZAHs for our new dSBs: Oz and D.O.M.

Started by SteelThunder, November 19, 2017, 10:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

I know of no better instructors or Shoot Bosses than Michigan's own Oz and D.O.M.   They exemplify dedication, thoughtfulness and the spirit of liberty!   :F

And now...they exemplify what it means to be a designated Shoot Boss.  So, get out there and make some baby Shoot Bosses!

Congrats, guys.

ST2
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

ITB

Congratulations, gentlemen, well-deserved. 

Now go make some green hats!
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

Well deserved gentlemen.  Thank you both for your dedication.

Texas T

Well done!!  Thanks for putting forth the work and dedication that it takes to reach this level.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Super Trooper

The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

DragonMedic

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Fidget

Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

mrsurplus

" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

DrRichP

Congratulations to both. I'm looking forward to the future.  :F
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

D.O.M.

Thank you all for the good wishes and confidence. Project Appleseed rocks!!!1!
Congratulations, Oz!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Oz

Congratulations, D.O.M.!  You know, it was five years ago this month that I worked my first shoot as an IIT0 at Bellevue, it was out of my local area where I'd been a student, and I met a new-to-me instructor crew--Graywolf, 3.Dogs, Rascal21, Sam-I-Am, and you.  I was still overwhelmed just trying to work the size adjuster on my shiny orange hat, and you were giving awesome POIs as you went for your PC3.  I remember standing there thinking there was absolutely no way that I was ever going to be able to learn all that information let alone deliver it--and you were just going for IIT3?   Darned near scared me out of the program altogether because I really didn't think I could do it.  But you were all so great to work with that I couldn't just snag an extra Sweetwater donut and crawl to my car while nobody was looking, either.  (I probably did do the donut part, now that I think about it...)

Well, thank goodness I went to an IBC within a few months and the curtain was lifted as to how to learn and present POIs (insert shameless plug here for attending IBCs as an incredibly effective way to learn to instruct and to spend a weekend with the best people ever--your fellow Appleseed instructors...coming to Lansing, February 23-25, 2018, mark your calendars).  So now I'm only humbled when I see your POIs, not dazed.  Congrats again.  You rock!

Thank you, folks, for the vote of confidence and for what you've taught me along the way.  Now...to start telling ITs that their red hat does look good on 'em, but I think green would go better with their eyes...   &)   ;D
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

D.S.S.

Congrats to 2 of the finest instructors and gentlemen that I have had the privilege and honor to work with. You both make being an Appleseed instructor demanding (because I want to honor both the Program and you by following in your foot steps) and fun (because you are both awesome people whom I admire and genuinely love spending time with.)

See you in Lansing at the IBC Feb 23-25!

Brent
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)

Whippet

Well done fellas. I can't wait to bask in your greatness at the upcoming slumber party in Lansing.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

TreadCarefully

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!