News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels KD - November 11-12, 2017

Started by dond, November 13, 2017, 09:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This was a fantastic event. It was wonderful meeting the fine people of Texas who treated us royally and showed that they really know what they are about. And to top it off, Fred, uh, Tex that is, and DrRich were there too. These Texans did an excellent job of presenting three histories in a manner which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. And Tex presented a truly inspiring  talk on the history and purpose of Appleseed.

But getting on to the business of KD; we shot 4 KDAQTs and produced seven Riflemen out of thirteen shooters.  ^:)^ And on top of that we gained two new Orange Hats.  ^:)^

But it's not over yet. We also learned about Range Estimation and then actually determined the ranges of targets set at random locations. And they performed this with a precision which was probably not expected.  O0

These Texans really are  fantastic Appleseeders, as well as fantastic people. It was an honor meeting and working with them.

And on a personal note, it was great meeting Steck and Ratboy again. We've known them for eight years and I gave Steck all of her hats and have missed them for years, ever since they moved to Texas. But moving to Texas from Illinois had to be a marvelous transition for them.  O0  And furthermore, Steck received her Red Hat simultaneously with DrRich at a shoot in Marion Illinois.

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

scuzzy

Man it was a great weekend. Learned buku and thanks Don, Rich, and Fred Tex for coming out.

And I can't believe Tex actually had something nice to say about Texas! Boy Howdy!!!

And check out this pic of Rich and Steck from when they got their RH from you many moons ago.

I want to see the pic where TxRebel got his patch from you and Tex. C'mon guys - post it.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Ghostring

It was a fantastic event!  Kudos to DonD, DrRichP and Tex for coming down and putting on a great one!

Here are some pictures, hopefully we can get everyone to contribute!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Steck

This KD was such HUGE fun, and congrats to all the new KD riflemen!   ^:)^   ^:)^   ^:)^

If any of you have the great fortune of having Fred Tex at your event, make sure to smother him with hugs and photos, he really digs that  ;D

Don and Sarah, it was so terrific to see you both again, it's been far too long  :)

PaleRider

I loved having you Don! Tex is still debatable  ;) ;D. I think he spent more time riding me like Seabiscuit than anything else, but I CAN TAKE IT!  **) (Thanks, Tex!) And thanks to Dr Rich for coming again. With all of that knowledge, half of the line got their KD patches--Woo Hoo!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

TxRebel

Thanks for a great time Yall.  It was a pleasure meeting Don and Tex, as well as catching up with all my Appleseed friends.  Looking forward to doing it again.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

TxRebel

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.