Author Topic: Project Appleseed is once again partnering with Groupon!  (Read 1604 times)

Offline roswell

• Shoot Boss
Project Appleseed is once again partnering with Groupon!
« on: November 08, 2017, 03:13:57 PM »
Project Appleseed is once again partnering with Groupon!

Admission for a Child or Adult to a Project Appleseed Event (Up to 33% Off)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/project-appleseed-155

What You'll Get

The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 30 days. Younger than 18 must be accompanied by guardian. Registration required. Limit 3 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable. Additional fees may apply depending on the location and time. For inquiries, OR to Register call (336) 223-5788 or email info@projectappleseed.net. This voucher is issued by the merchant. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

About Project Appleseed

A program by the nonprofit Revolutionary War Veterans Association, Project Appleseed takes its name from American folk hero Johnny Appleseed, who traveled the country planting seeds to benefit future generations. In a similar vein, Project Appleseed's instructors travel to ranges, clubs, and farms across the country, where they teach students American traditional rifle marksmanship and instill knowledge of their shared heritage and history.

The Necessities

Participants can bring along any safely operating firearm which can be fired from the shoulder. Rifle tools, shooting mats, and ammunition are also necessities, and to improve accuracy, a GI sling is recommended. Both scopes and sights are allowed, but a scope is recommended for those with poor eyesight. If you don't own an appropriate firearm, loaner rifles may be available through the camp as long as arrangements are made beforehand. Click here for tips.

The Instruction

Project Appleseed's volunteer instructors discuss the events of Lexington and Concord as well as the actions of those involved. Then they show students traditional American three-position marksmanship to help them maintain accuracy up to 500 yards away—known traditionally as the "rifleman's quarter mile"—using iron sights, standard rifles, and surplus ammunition.

Project Appleseed
•   Company Website

Known Distance Re-Qualified:
Talladega, AL 12-3-16 (45/50)
Instructor Boot Camp:
Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15
Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16
Columbiana, AL 2-15
Canton, GA 2-18
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar:
Toccoa, GA 8-14

Offline bri

• Instructor In Training 2
Re: Project Appleseed is once again partnering with Groupon!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Just to clarify - does the Appleseed have to occur within 120 days of purchasing the groupon, or do you just have to register for the Appleseed within 120 days?   For example, would I be able to use the groupon to register now for a Appleseed that isn't scheduled until April (more than 120 days away)?

Vinnie

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »
Sacramento is getting some of their folks thru Groupon -
Thanks Much,
 Vinnie

ps - Here is a pic from our turnout today, SATURDAY, NOV 11th, 2017.... 5 were Groupon... 40'ish total shooters.

Offline BamaFan7

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »
Just to clarify - does the Appleseed have to occur within 120 days of purchasing the groupon, or do you just have to register for the Appleseed within 120 days?   For example, would I be able to use the groupon to register now for a Appleseed that isn't scheduled until April (more than 120 days away)?

Yes, what they said!
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Offline ThreadNLead "TL"

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »
Hey i know this post is old, but I came across a Groupon that expires today and I'm still confused about the "Fine Print". Specifically about the "120 days" part. So that groupon has to be redeemed--meaning registered for an event, within 120 days of purchase? (event can be any time) OR can I buy one now, without knowing when my next event will be, and use it whenever I come across an event I want to go to, even i don't decide on an event for more than 120 days from now?
T.L. for short
Home of the Free, because of the Brave!

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Southwest Regional Coordinator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 02:37:53 AM »
Those were the rules, but we have not been strictly enforcing them.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

“What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition.”  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy