News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2018 schedule

Started by martin, November 02, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Hi everyone, just wanted to get a reminder out, now is the time to start scheduling next year's events.
Many of the ranges that we partner with have a very full schedule so it can be very important to schedule our weekends as soon as possible.
Remember to notify scuzzy with any changes to the Event Information Page.
Thanks
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

colycat

i should add that it appears the ranges are very will to give us dates that make it hard for us to fill the lines.  The last being the youth hunt for deer in Oct.  Please check for big conflicts that involve hunters! :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Ironsight

Just checked the 2018 schedule for several states. So far, Wisconsin has ZERO events on the books. Is this less troubling than it initially appears? Last year the twice annual event nearest me, a terrific range in Suamico, dried up for political reasons and sounds like it won't be returning.
If I reach out to the range with which I'm affiliated, are there any resources I can direct them to that would succinctly outline the mission of the RWVA and scope of the Appleseed events? I have plenty of experience in public speaking roles, it might be possible to make an appeal at one of their monthly meetings.
I've never been in a position to take on a red hat, I have a lot of free time, but my schedule is usually just one big "scheduling conflict". I am, however, a huge advocate for Appleseed and would like to promote the organization if I have the opportunity.
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

Theokestral

There are four dates set for Racine: Jan 13, Feb 24, Mar 24, and April 21-22.

!! :) !!

martin

We should have 5 or 6 events on the schedule this week but we need to get more events statewide.
We lost some ranges last year but we still have plenty of instructors that wish to teach and to do that we need events scheduled.
If you look at the internet, Wisconsin has a range in almost every county in the state and it isn't that hard to sell our program.Besides, that is part of the fun of being an Appleseed instructor,traveling to strange ranges and teaching great patriots.Now is the time to get events! 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Muskyjerk

Four shoots at Boone

who gets the papers this time around?

jackrjensenjr@yahoo.com

RTB

Just put three shoots on the books for River Falls, WI:

April 21-22
September 15-16 (LADYSEED)
October 6-7

Be there or be square!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman