News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR North Berwick, Maine - Sept 9th and 10th 2017

Started by The Old Guide, October 23, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

We had two pre-regs two phoned stated attendees and three "possibles". Saturday dawned cool with four students, one of which was a repeat from last year. We began with a flag salute and safety rules in the clubhouse. Then it was down to the Redcoat and squares. We had tree instructors for four students so there was plenty of coaching. Second Mile did a very good explanation of inches, minutes and clicks.

This was MattinNH's first shoot after receiving his Red Hat in NH. His coaching was much appreciated. Our repeat shooter from last year fired Rifleman scores both days.

Sunday dawned warmer than Saturday with calm winds. The Redcoat targets on Sunday AM were much improved over Saturday. Everybody was knocking on the door, but alas we did not make any new riflemen.Everybody intends to return for another Appleseed shoot. They love the history. Our lady shooter had an interesting experience. During row 4 in prone, a monarch butterfly landed on her rifle. She persisted and the butterfly continued to sit first on her rifle barrel and then on her scope. It flew off and returned to her rifle. This was a first for everybody concerned and my conclusion about this is that butterflies are deaf.

The club president stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. Everybody camped on the club grounds, some tenting, one in a camper and I had a cot in the clubhouse. We'll be back next year. North Berwick is a very good club and is convenient to five states.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

2ndMile

This was definitely a good group of shooters. A couple experienced, a couple fairly new. It is always fascinating to see how experience can be as much a hindrance as not know what you are doing. It was great to see mwolf again with his shiny new Red Hat.

North Berwick is a great club and a good time was had by all. Can't wait for the next shoot.
I live in Liberty! (no, really. I do.)