News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI 14-15 Oct 2017

Started by Flying Ferret, October 18, 2017, 04:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Ferret

Despite all the unforgiving weather, we had a pretty shoot!

The 10 shooters who braved the rain/cold on Saturday were certainly troopers.  Lightning forced everyone indoors for a while, but we made use of the time by eating lunch and learning lots of history.  Once the lightning subsided we returned to the line... only to deal with a pretty steady rainfall for the rest of the day.  Ethan and Dave were were both scoring in the low 200's, nipping at the heels of Rifleman status.

Sunday greeted us with much drier weather, but the rain was unfortunately replaced with wind and cold.  Caleb brought along his wife and daughters to see what Appleseed is all about and provide some moral support  :) 

Also, Dave persevered and finally earned his Rifleman badge!  Congrats!

On the whole, every shooter showed great improvement over the weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if some earned Rifleman at their next Appleseed.

Many thanks to the shooters and instructors who had some of the best attitudes and energy I've seen, especially given the dreary weather.  You all are what make Appleseed great!

Pics incoming...

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Nasrani

Sending out a big THANK YOU to all the instructors and fellow shooters whose unflagging encouragement pushed me over the top to earn my Rifleman patch.

This was my fourth Appleseed in three years and it means so much to me to accomplish this goal. I have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and I have no way to know how long I will be able to continue shooting.

Thanks again for all the support!
Beware the old man in an occupation where men die young.

Blood_Of_Tyrants

Like Dave said, thanks so much to all the instructors and fellow shooters who made my first Appleseed both fun and educational.

I grew up in a household with no firearms and recently got involved in recreational shooting. I'm such a new shooter, I haven't even owned any of my guns for more than a year. However, I felt that this event taught me some of the fundamentals of marksmanship and how it relates to the history of the United States.

Anyways, thanks again Dave for helping me reload magazines, throwing that tarp in my car, and just being a great shooting partner! I'm really sorry about the Parkinson diagnosis and will keep you in my prayers. Can't remember the orange hats' name, but whoever let me borrow their rifle sling, thanks again! I ended up buying 2 rifle slings and some tech sights for a Marlin 795 on Appleseed's website. One of the best investment I have ever made!

Also, to any members of the RCLRC, if you'd be interested in sponsoring me, I'd definitely be interested in joining. I'm currently a member of the Wisconsin Sportsman's Association and I really like the guys there, but their range is short and I want to get into some longer range shooting.

Oh, btw this is Ethan. Should have specified that earlier, but already wrote the post.