News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL Ladyseed Oct 14-15 2017 AAR

Started by headshot heather, October 17, 2017, 09:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headshot heather

We had a great weekend of exclusive 1 on 1 instruction with Christine and Hali.  Christine had attended an Appleseed event before, but Hali had not.  When discussing their experience levels, Hali was quick to exclaim she had next to none, which made us instructors very excited because we know how successful new shooters can be with no bad habits to break. 
Both of these ladies were a pleasure to work with as their teachable attitudes and reception of instruction showed in their improvement throughout the weekend.  In the hits count targets, we went from 1 effective at 100 yards, to 1 effective at 300, 1 effective at 100, and not one, but TWO shingle shots!  Also seeing their AQT scores increase throughout the weekend was quite impressive, with each scoring 170 at their highest.   
We all had a great time discussing the history as well.  One of the neat parts was when we each took turns reading off the Appleseed playing cards for the women of April 19th, 1775 and learned about Prudence Cummings Wright and her company of dangerous ladies marching around patrolling the streets with their husbands rifles.
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing these ladies on the line again soon.
the ultimate in feminine protection, .22 for light days, .45 for heavy days
"A republic if YOU can keep it"- Benjamin Franklin
"My idea of gun control is hitting what I aim at"- tlawley