News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Umatilla Fl oct 14-15

Started by Cable___Guy, October 16, 2017, 01:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cable___Guy

13 Hardy patriots came out to support liberty and improve their marksmanship.
Weather conditions could not have been better for this time for this time of year.  Light breeze and plenty of shade, I can speak for the all the instructors as we were spoiled rotten by how nice this range was. Air conditioned classroom for history and a catered lunch for all.   O0
From all of us we can not thank Mario and Shelly enough for hosting this event.

Saturday started as usual with a firehouse of information. Attentive shooters with a teachable attitude made this a great start.
Several rifle malfunctions did not slow this group down.

3 new Rifleman were forged on Saturday and 1 re-qualification. Congratulations to Michael , Brad , Cal and Shelly. Shoot like a girl , IF YOU CAN.  :snipersmi
We had a special guest fire a rifle for her 1st time ever , and scored 180 by the end of the weekend. 

Sunday was full of more goodness, History Heritage and Marksmanship. Brad shared some of his Family's history and involvement in the Rev War, Thank you sir.

The Red coat team challenge Broke up the AQT grind on Sunday. Rapid fire AQT's also helped to defeat the time monkey.

This was a great shoot at an outstanding venue with the Very best people.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

9mm4545

This was one of the best Appleseeds I can remember. These folks were ready and willing to learn and were not the least bit afraid of hard work. The venue was as good as it gets and our hosts could not be more accommodating. The overall level of improvement was excellent with three, count 'em, three new Riflemen. Todd ran the shoot like an accomplished professional and the time monkey stayed off the range. I see great things ahead for these students and this range. Huzzah!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

rambo granny

Mom & riflewoman daughter
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

PHenry

It was a blessing to be surrounded by so many great people and I so thoroughly enjoyed NOT being SB.  ^-^

Many thanks to Mario and Shelly for the tremendous hospitality and of course also to Calvin for buying everyone dinner on Sat evening. I know I speak for the entire crew when I say when is the next one at D&J?  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TomM1Thumb

This is My favorite Venue, Great people, Great attitude. Ages from preteen to 60's.  In most cases there was a lot of Improvement. In Karen's case a move to a scoped Loaner, seemed to help Her Improve Quite a bit from the day before, She ended up scoring in the 160-high 170's by the end of the second day.
I think every shooter improved over the weekend.

Like Trey said, When is the next Shoot at this Venue.

Thank You Mario, and Shelly, all the Shooters, all the other Instructors for a Very enjoyable Shoot.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Pirategirl

I love hosting this shoot!!!  This is by far my favorite shooting event every year, and I finally made Rifleman!  Huzzah!!  Couldn't ask for a better set of instructors or shooters!  Love you all, the next one is coming....Shelly
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

9mm4545

Quote from: Plunder75 on January 02, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
I love hosting this shoot!!!  This is by far my favorite shooting event every year, and I finally made Rifleman!  Huzzah!!  Couldn't ask for a better set of instructors or shooters!  Love you all, the next one is coming....Shelly

I love your forum name! As for another shoot, we are ready when you are. Bring it on!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837