News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SKS with Tech Sights

Started by daniel17319, October 06, 2017, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel17319

I was wondering if any of you guys have used on for Appleseed shoot

maxwell

Quote from: daniel17319 on October 06, 2017, 07:43:46 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys have used on for Appleseed shoot

If no one responds directly, PM watzizzname or Prescott. I've seen both of them with an SKS, but I don't recall if they had Tech Sights.

daniel17319

TOMINCT

I've seen a few SKS rifles on the line, can't say they had Tech sights or not. If you like an ap rear sight the Tech model seems to be a good option.

I'd say test drive your chosen rifle with a few different ammunition brands or types, no match grade needed. It is a rifle that can shoot to the 4 MOA standard with ammo the rifle likes.

If you don't have a sight adjustment tool to change windage, get one. It will save some time and ammo.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

colonial shooter

I have tech sights on mine. The only thing I had to do was remove the stock rear sights. They do make disassembly and cleaning a bit tougher. Have had many students use it at appleseeds. Hope this answers your question.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

daniel17319

How much tougher, and did you have to permanently alter the rifle?

colonial shooter

The sight is attached thru the take down pin hole. The only alteration is the removal of the rear sight
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

TaosGlock

What is the maximum yardage these sights can dial up?
I have often thought of getting a set.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

colonial shooter

Not sure of the exact yardage but it says at the website http://www.tech-sights.com/sks-products/ that it mimics the M1 and Ar15

Plato

daniel17319

big aperture is for 200 and below. I personally like the flip up aperture the front sight can be drifted for elevation etc. My question would be the sights that mimic the m1a can they be adjusted for windage for doping wind quickly and effienctly?

colonial shooter

They are more like the AR15, with detent pins. Which require a sight adjustment tool(also on sale at Tech sights).

Plato