News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels KD November 11-12, 2017

Started by DrRichP, October 06, 2017, 11:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

We've bumped the capacity up from 10 to 16. So any instructors that want to shoot sign up as a shooter. And use the Special Gift Certificate ticket.

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=new-braunfels-tx-known-distance-appleseed-november-11-12-2017
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

PaleRider

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

TxRebel

I was already registered as a shooter.  I assume I'm still good?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

TxRebel

Or did my paid order get canceled and I need to sign up as free instructor?  I'm so confused lol
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

DrRichP

Dan,

You are still registered and I expect to be seeing you.

I directed the refund for you and all the instructors. I cannot speak for all other SB's, SC', or RC's, but I do not charge our instructors I invest in them. Don't worry, I will collect when I need to ask you to do something (and I will but you already know that).

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

scuzzy

Quote from: TxRebel on October 06, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
Or did my paid order get canceled and I need to sign up as free instructor?  I'm so confused lol

You're good - I refunded you and added another ticket for you.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Talk about an awesome support structure!

I'm working to see if I can move some things around & join again.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: DrRichP on October 06, 2017, 01:25:47 PM
Dan,

You are still registered and I expect to be seeing you.

I directed the refund for you and all the instructors. I cannot speak for all other SB's, SC', or RC's, but I do not charge our instructors I invest in them. Don't worry, I will collect when I need to ask you to do something (and I will but you already know that).

DrRichP

Very well said.   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TxRebel

Can't tell you how much I love you guys.  You're all awesome. 

DrRichP-  hit he up for anything anytime.  I know you'll ask, you know I won't deny you O0
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

Quote from: TxRebel on October 06, 2017, 06:37:46 PM
Can't tell you how much I love you guys.  You're all awesome. 

DrRichP-  hit he up for anything anytime.  I know you'll ask, you know I won't deny you O0

Love you too brother. And all the other misfits we call instructors. What a great bunch of people. Proud to know all of y'all.

Jeez - wish you still had your bike so we could get out to the local biker bars and raise hell. LOL. I was just talking to Rich about Riding.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: scuzzy on October 06, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
Jeez - wish you still had your bike so we could get out to the local biker bars and raise hell. LOL. I was just talking to Rich about Riding.

Do we need to start an Appleseed & motorcycle sub-group?  ;) :cool2:
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

AF5US

Oh, this is the perfect excuse I need to get my wife on board with me riding again.

"Honey, it's an Appleseed REQUIREMENT in Texas.  You wouldn't want to risk the advancement of patriotism in our country, would you?"   :F

Pine Ridge Puma

Hey, guess what?!  Some of the instructors from up here in the Klondike ride bikes too!  I never have been able to squeeze everything that I need at a shoot into a bag like the clever instructor in the southwest does, but I think about it and I ride whenever I get the chance.  My two sons and I made annual bike trips for several years, but we have not been able to get together simultaneously the last two years-DANG!!!!!!

Pine Ridge Puma
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

DrRichP

I went to my first Appleseed because my buddy in my riding club (Red Feather) got me to go. Great beginnings.
DrRichP

scuzzy

Quote from: Jerry Hall on October 07, 2017, 06:14:35 PM
I 3rd it!

Quote from: dond on October 07, 2017, 10:53:38 AM
I'm all in for that!  O0

And here's my two cents - yup it's official.

Jerry - you coming down for NRA Convention?

scuzzy

And oh! - I just had to add this pic of TxRebel. Him and my nephew Zack. We were trying to determine who is taller. This was at my mom's house back in March (or was it April?)

Hint: Zach is 6 foot 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ72nSZZLDE

Nashville Stage

This is me out on the Tail of the Dragon in NC a few years ago.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

scuzzy

Quote from: Nashville Stage on October 08, 2017, 11:06:16 PM
This is me out on the Tail of the Dragon in NC a few years ago.

Man - I'd heard about the Dragon once. Beautiful and dangerous. (kinda like women eh?) I only remember NC from when I was a kid (6 y/o) in the hills. Mica rocks sparklin' in the sun in the early morning. Pretty as heck.

What kinda bike is that? Looks like it would take the hills big time.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: scuzzy on October 08, 2017, 11:16:33 PM
Man - I'd heard about the Dragon once. Beautiful and dangerous.

What kinda bike is that? Looks like it would take the hills big time.

It's a Suzuki SV650S with well over 100k on it now. It's my primary (and for many years, my only) vehicle.

Don't let the sport bike fool you, though. While I enjoy the feel of twisty roads on a sportbike, I'm way too chicken to push it hard in the corners. The guys who ride the Dragon full-out have *way* bigger cojones than I do. The scenery in the Smokies is gorgeous. Tough to admire the view & watch the road at the same time.  :)

scuzzy

Quote from: Nashville Stage on October 08, 2017, 11:26:07 PM

It's a Suzuki SV650S with well over 100k on it now. It's my primary (and for many years, my only) vehicle.

Don't let the sport bike fool you, though. While I enjoy the feel of twisty roads on a sportbike, I'm way too chicken to push it hard in the corners. The guys who ride the Dragon full-out have *way* bigger cojones than I do. The scenery in the Smokies is gorgeous. Tough to admire the view & watch the road at the same time.  :)

Yeah SV650 - twin cylinder 90 degree. And rides good.

I like all bikes. Used to have a kawa 500cc triple 2 stroke. H1. (or was it the h2?) From way back. Hang on for dear life.  Never beat on it. But I was always conservative on corners though. Scared crap outa me. But the straight aways - watch out. See you later. 120-130 and the yellows stripes look like solid lines.

Ghostring

...Pardon the interruption of the current Motorcycle thread ;D

REMINDER:
The range does not allow steel-cored ammunition, so if your bullet attracts a magnet, it's a no-go.
So no green-tip 5.56 SS109/M855 62gr ammo, please.  ...or, for that matter, BLACK-tip 30 cal!  :cool2:

We got somewhat of a waiver on this for our first shoot, but let's do right going forward.

We want to be good stewards of our KD range!  O0

Now, back to our thread already in progress!....
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

TxRebel

If you have black tip 30cal and you're wasting it on paper targets let me know and I'll swap you for match ammo lol. 

Back to bikes

Looking at buying a scooter so I can fit in with all my shooting buddies lol
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

Quote from: TxRebel on October 15, 2017, 08:02:23 PM

Back to bikes

Looking at buying a scooter so I can fit in with all my shooting buddies lol

Just got back from a ride to Reverend Jim's Dam Bar up there next to Lake Buchanan. Perfect weather for it today.

DrRichP

Hi team Texas.

Despite what TIPS is saying, there are still between 2 and 6 spots open for this New Braunfels KD November 11-12, 2017.

We have a Rock Star level SB coming to work with you. :F

Please, let's fill the line!

I promise you won't regret it!

DrRichP
DrRichP

BillJac

I'm pretty pumped up to be back on the line.  Getting things tuned up for next weekend.  Planning on making it happen with irons.... and my almost 65yo eyes.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

TxRebel

:F  I don't know about yall but I'm getting excited  ^:)^

Kirby and I are planning on staying on site and camping.  Was wondering who else was planning on the same?  We're going to be arriving sometime Friday night.  Do we want to plan some kind of potluck dinner or anything?

- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

perdurabo

I'm looking forward to it as well.  The only KD event I've been to was out at Scout's old range, I've never shot a match out at the New Braunfels/Dietz/Silueta Club range.  Is this the same range where they have the F-Class matches?

Is the round count going to be closer to 250 or 500 rounds for this KD shoot?  Whats the round count breakdown of 25y vs 100y-400y rounds?  I'd rather not burn my fancy 77gr SMK .223 ammo on 25y AQTs, and use my 55gr FMJ (lead core, not M855/SS109) for the short range stuff.

AF5US

Much as I'd love to be there, I don't think I'll make it this month.

I did get to go last month; we were your guinea pigs.  You're welcome  ;D

When I did an after-action inventory, I was down just about 250 rounds.  I'd recommend more than that, because it's a bummer to run out.  I don't remember how many rounds we did at 25 yards, but it was pretty minimal.  Maybe 20-ish?  Basically enough to sight in, for anyone that wasn't already sighted in.

Personally, with that few rounds at 25 yards I'd consider just taking all of the same.  I understand that target rounds are more expensive but you're not doing many at that distance, so pricing differential is minimal.  Also, in my experience different rounds can have different left-right points of impact.  I'd also be concerned about maybe accidentally mixing up rounds, as I pre-prepped magazines (clips in my case, but still).

Your mileage may vary, and it's your spot on the line.  Just my $0.02  ;)