News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Dorr, MI Known Distance, September 23-24, 2017

Started by SteelThunder, September 25, 2017, 08:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

The skies were clear, the wind calm and the temperatures were...umm...well...uhhh....OK they were just stinkin' hot for this time of year for a bunch of thin blooded northerners.

Thanks to the 18 shooters and SKSC for hosting our 2nd KD of the 2017 season.  Saturday was astounding as everyone was posting tiny groups and the 2 AQTs shot on Saturday showed it...nearly everyone was shooting in the 170-200 range.  Congrats to Paul V for requaling first with 219 then with a 235.  On Sunday, 8 shooters headed over to the full distance range where we got good dope on our rifles out to a true 400 meters and shot 2 AQTs.  Again, Paul V showed he is a great shot and **almost** came up with a Long Distance Rifleman score.  A lot of great learning and shooting from Coral, Leon, Al, John and Darrin.  The rest of the folks to stayed at the 25M line on Sunday put the time to good use as Kalyb hit his Rifleman with a 215, Kevin with a 220 and Leon requaled with a 218.

We appreciate the great interaction at our history breaks and the good camaraderie from all.  Hope to see you out again.

A special thanks the SKSC club for hosting us for our inaugural KD Appleseed...we hope to come back for many more!  And a special, special thanks to Mark and Jay for sticking with us and helping out all weekend!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

tomahawk

Bentwrench

It was a great time! A big thank you to all the instructors and high hopes for your return to Dorr.

Oz

What a great weekend!  We really had some great shooters who did fantastic on Saturday, I don't know that I've seen a group this size with such consistently high scores on the first day of the weekend. 

I spent Sunday with the KD line and I could not say enough about the positive attitudes throughout the day.  You would not know that it was 95 degrees (and 18,000 steps on my activity tracker) from the way everyone worked together.  (The ATV and pickup truck rides back and forth to the target line were sure appreciated!)   

Congratulations to Kalyb and Kevin on qualifying, and to Paul, Leon, and Bryan to requalifying.  Special thanks to Al for not putting his brass down my collar and for making sure I stayed put in the ATV where I belonged on Sunday.  Amy--you got this: Holland.  Coral, great job running the AR. 

Jay and Mark, thank you for your work with the club to allow us to put on the program at this beautiful facility, and for hanging with us all day, both days, and taking such good care of us all.  (And for catching those walking pins!)

Thank you to the instructor crew, ITB and Grindstone (who came over from the east side), merlin33, Sir Kay, and our ever-lovin' shoot boss, SteelThunder.  (Also the special guest appearance on the KD line of Rascal21 and Snipette!)  As always, it was a privilege working with and learning from you. 

I hope to see you all again down the trail! 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

SuedePflow

A big thanks to the instructors for instructing us through another great Appleseed shoot.  And a big thanks to the South Kent Sportsmans Club for hosting.  Very nice facility.

That heat was brutal!  I'm looking forward to trying another KD Appleseed sometime down the road.
-Paul
NRA Life Member