News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield IL Sept 23-24 2017

Started by Chewie, September 25, 2017, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

:) :) :) :)

What a great weekend and awesome time. Saturday we had 10 shooters in 90+ degree weather but didn't let it get us down. Found one rifleman in the bunch, while every one improved we doubled our effective range in one day! Sunday we dropped to 9 shooters the weather was a little nicer but the heat persisted as did our shooters we saw two more rifleman making it 3 of 10 shooters!!! Thank you to the ISRA for hosting us this year and we look forward to coming back next year. Thanks to Laredo and Cinco for coming and helping out with a great shoot we ended the season on great note.

Time for pictures.

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Laredo

What a great way to end the year in IL.

It was a fantastic weekend.  We had 10 shooters with great attitudes.  They were safe.  They all persevered through the blazing heat.  To those that became Rifleman, Congrats!  To those that didn't, don't give up!  A Rifleman persists!  You all displayed the heart of a Rifleman... you just need a bit more practice to hit that 210...  I have no doubt you can do it!!   

Chewie, Great shoot!

Cinco, thanks for your help!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DocD

Was a great weekend, thanks again to Chewie for providing great instruction and comic relief.  Great to meet Laredo and all the other shooters there.  Would have been even better if my 10/22 TD wasn't a jam-o-matic.  I really had a great time.  Would like to try a known-distance event if the governmental powers allow it to even be possible in the future.  Until next time, be safe and have fun! 

:F
:snipersmi