News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center, OH Lady Seed Sept 23-24

Started by Charley, September 25, 2017, 07:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

Corvette

Looking forward to learning how our Ladyseeders faired.  Pictures please.  :F

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

Congrats on your first event.  O0 I know that you've worked hard to earn your hat, so that you could put on this event. Good to see that you had an adequate number of instructors, as well as a good-sized group of shooters. Looking forward to the full report.  :---
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charley

What a fantastic group of shooters at Henry County Sportsman Association. We had 5 ladies on Saturday and 8 ladies on Sunday. There was a set of sisters, a set of sister in laws and a mother with 2 daughters.

Saturday started off with the morning a welcome and the first strike presented by Third Degree. Afterward, we started with the morning safety briefing and headed to line. Five ladies participated in the morning Red Coat with promising results. The prone position was presented and they were off to practicing the morning away. Morning practice ended with a final sighter group then it was lunch time. Snipette presented a great, Elizabeth Zane, a DOT (Dangerous Old Teen) and IMC was presented. Then it was back to the line to apply IMC and move on to seated and standing position. As the day progressed the weather became more hot and humid but these ladies persisted. The day ended a little early due to the weather but ended with some Red Coat improvement and an amazing Second Strike presented by Snipette.

Before we knew it, Sunday had arrived and it was started with the morning welcome and a review of safety and positions. The ladies were ready to start sending lead down range so we were off with the morning redcoat. We had even better scores on the morning Red Coat with 2 ladies joining Daniel Morgan. Some NPOA practice was completed and it was time for lunch. Third Degree presented a heartfelt Third Strike and it was time to introduce the AQT. There were several shocked faces when the AQT was explained but after a little Q&A, the ladies were ready to give it a shot. The ladies completed 2 AQT's and were ready for some fun shooting. But first, a small presentation of youth patches to our 3 young ladies that attended the weekend. The 8 ladies were then divided into 2 teams which, ironically, ended up being a battle of Ruger 10/22's versus Marlin 795. Both teams were so close, the instructors agreed it was a tie. The ladies completed the afternoon Red Coat and ended a little early as everyone was exhausted from the heat and humidity.

After all the clean up was done, Melissa decided to help the program and take a Blue Hat! Welcome to cadre Melissa!

While we did not have any new Riflewomen this weekend, these ladies know what they're about. Given there were 2 ladies that had experience with rifles, they all worked extremely hard in over 90 degree temps with a heat index pushing 100. There was nothing but great attitudes and perseverance; they were not giving up. We had only 3 shooters of the 8 in attendance that had any rifle experience, there were 5 brand new shooters! Way to work in the heat ladies!

I want to thank all the instructors that braved the heat with us and helped with this great shoot. Rascal, Snipette, Topper, Third Degree, Headhunter, Lozen, SirBob and -strelok- THANK YOU, THANK YOU for helping with this shoot. Thank you Little Buddy and Yankee for coming to help clean up and for the behind the scenes work. A big thank you to Henry County Sportsman Association for use of the range and for providing lunch both days. Thank you to all the ladies that came and persevered, keep working hard and practicing!

I know there were some pictures taken so let's see them! (My nephew did not want to miss the photo op after the clean up)

Charley

Future Riflewomen

Charley

Pushing through

Charley

Charley

Melissa takes a Blue Hat

Cadence

Congrats on the first Ladyseed at HCSC. I know you and Little Buddy and Yankee worked hard to promote the event. Glad to see you had enough instructors to help out.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

cwcdl79

Congratulations! sounds like a good (hot) time!
Melissa, thanks for stepping up.

Google

Congratulations and well done to all!!  HUZZAH!!!

Corvette

Looks like a great Ladyseed. Thanks to Charley, Yankee and Lil Buddy for all the hard work involved in making this event a success.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charley

Just thought I'd share a comment from a participant...

"...We all had a great time. Boy am I sore..Lol The girls are looking forward to next time! Everyone was great teachers and helpers. We will be spreading the word....the girls were so excited to tell all there friends and teachers the next day.they also wore their shirts..Lol Like I said we all overcame something that weekend and wound up getting out of our comfort zones..."