News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volga, Iowa: 23-24Sep2017

Started by IXOYE, September 24, 2017, 10:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

Ten shooters endured the blazing heat and humidity in Volga this weekend. Kudos to everyone for demonstrating great persistence and stamina in the face of such adverse conditions. Congratulations to Mike for earning his rifleman patch, shooting 216 and 219 back to back with is CZ-512 and a bad back. He showed determination on par with a few dangerous old men we are all familiar with. We had several newbies and/or inexperienced shooters who showed marked improvement throughout the weekend. Keep practicing and studying those hand-outs and you will no doubt earn your rifleman patch as well. It seemed like we had more equipment issues than normal. But people persisted and worked through them like troopers.

Many many thanks to Steve and Anne and their constitutional study group for hosting this event. I don't know of any other Appleseed where the hosts rent an event tent and feed the entire roster and crew with pork loins with all the trimmings, including deserts and ice cream, and then put up and feed the instructors in their home. Your hospitality is beyond measure!

Thanks to James for beginning his journey as an instructor in training. I look forward to working with you next season at all the events in the eastern Iowa region.

I'll post a few pictures in a day or two. Right now I'm exhausted and in much need of rest.

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

The group on Saturday

Our latest rifleman

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)