News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Corona, CA - September 23, 2017

Started by Camljr, September 24, 2017, 05:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

Thirteen fine Americans came out for the one day event, all who signed up, showed up. Four had been before, but the other nine were new to Appleseed.

Everyone came prepared, we had a few late shows, but we got right to it.

The morning redcoat showed we had our work cut out for us... :sos:
Improvement was noted as folks got sighted in and groups shrank as the fundamentals sunk in. ~~:)

Lunch was well received as well as the stories of why Marksmanship played such a big part in why the colonists actually were able to defeat the greatest army in the world at the time... :bow:

After lunch, we actually got in 3 AQT's. Marksman was achieved by:  Steve H.=127,Marc=135, Brian=157, Douglas=164, Robert 166, John=169.  O0 Sharpshooter made by: Mike M.=194, and Kari=197.  :---

Kari was the only one to Clean the final Redcoat of the day. She got 3 in all three targets and the Shingle shot!!!  :snipersmi

It seems that Steven squeaked in a Rifleman score with a 210. Congrats! I did douse him with a little north bridge water, as tradition requires...  >:D

All in All it was a good day, no safety issues, very few equipment issues, and we wrapped it up by 4:30pm.

I want to thanks all the attendees that helped with setup and teardown... you made it go quickly... I appreciate it immensely. :bow: &) :wb:

Thanks to my instructor Kurt, he was a great help to me in running the event, and had really cool display banners that even I don't have... Thanks Kurt!   O0

Well, I downloaded pictures onto my computer, but I need to down size them before posting. I will do it tomorrow, and pics will be up by Thursday...

Great shoot, great folks, and another great experience...

Everyone feel free to post your comments and pictures if you have any.

CAM     
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

kmkahuna

What a great weekend! It was a pleasure getting up to Corona and helping out Cam, and getting another Appleseed done here in Southern California! 
I took a few pictures and they're here for anyone if you'd like to see them/download them:
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Appleseed%20Project%20Corona%20Sept%2023%202017
One of my favorite photos is the shock waves in the sand from our one center fire rifle, and kudos to Brian for enduring that shock wave all day! 

Also, if anyone is interested in "Battle Road" I put together another album on Photobucket as well:
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Battle%20Road
I highly recommend the trip if you haven't gone.. it was a fantastic experience.
Again, honored to be here in SOCAL and to participate in bringing marksmanship and heritage to another wonderful group of folks. Thanks Cam! 
Oh, and Cam? (and anyone else who might be interested).. The infamous "Piru Mudbowl of 2012 is preserved for posterity on my photobucket account! :)
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/kmkahuna/library/Piru%20Mudbowl%202012
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803