News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY, September 16-17

Started by dond, September 19, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Ten shooters, including two children, arrived for a beautiful weekend of marksmanship and history. Over half of them had been to an Appleseed previously and we were happy to have them return for another one. One AQT had been completed at the conclusion of Saturday's activities and it produced three Riflemen, all with scores above 220! This was the 8th or 9th Appleseed for one of these Riflemen and it was the first time he had made the Score. And he continued to make the Score on multiple AQTs throughout Sunday's activities. He was an exemplary of persistence and it delighted us all. One of the other three had been to at least one Appleseed before, but this was the first time he had made the score also, and he did it with a bolt action rifle. The remaining Rifleman was at his first Appleseed, which is always a joy. And all three of these men continued making the Score on Sunday multiple times. The remaining shooters were very serious about leaning and saw much improvement. Some of the shooters plan on attending the KD at Park City next month.

LesMoore and JPL came on Sunday and did a superb job of instructing, as always. Their attendance was most appreciated, especially since they had to drive 3 hours to get there and 3 hours to return home, all on Sunday, while encountering a time zone change. It came as a huge relief for me since I was alone Saturday. In fact, my wife, in an effort to conserve my voice, read Strikes 2 and 3 and did an extremely good job of it.

My son was there, the one who appears on my avatar, and planned to shoot. Unfortunately he was prevented from doing so when he contracted a migraine headache. However, he did help with registration Saturday.

All the shooters were very attentive Sunday during the KD presentation and participated in the discussion. Some were even taking copious notes. That's always a pleasure to see.

I hope some pictures will appear in time.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Lucky Lori

Congratulations on a job  WELL done . Working yourself saturday with that many shooters,  incredible ! Wish i knew of your short help, I and husband Engineer shooter  would have made the trip to help ! Please contact us if  ever in that situation again.  Glad you  had some local help for sunday.  Job well done.  Lucky  Lori

JPL

Been trying to load pics from my phone. I'll do it tomorrow at the office.

Bill2728

Was a warm weekend with lots of quality instruction and my fellow shooters were a real treat to be around!  I would like to commend Don, for a 1 man show on Saturday, we got a lot of instruction and shooting in.  Hard to believe that one man could provide that much individual attention to so many people.  I regret having to leave early Sunday because the two redhats that were there with their wonderful stories and help, we were rockin' and rollin' through the AQTs! 
I believe everyone had a great time, learned a lot and betting all are checking schedules for the next one.

Bill