News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Trail Range, Wallingford Ct., Sept. 16-17, 2017

Started by TOMINCT, September 19, 2017, 01:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A small but enthusiastic group met at the Blue Trail Range for a return of Appleseed this past weekend. The shooters, instructors and weather made for a great event.

Points of instruction were presented and well covered on Saturday with several drills interspersing during the day. A few AQT's finished up Saturday.

Sunday started a little murky, but after the am Redcoat and a tune up on squares the air cleared.  We then proceeded with the AQT grind. Most of the action was during the last few AQT's, but netted 4 Riflemen!  :---  HUZZAH!

I believe the first one was Joe, our aspiring junior shooter, with a sizzling 227 score! Other shooters who made the grade within the last two targets were Adam, running a bolt, with a 211, Tal with a 216 and Jason with a 217. Our other shooters that were present either one or both days showed improvement by the end.

The shooters were well prepared in general, not too many surprises like the previous Ct shoot. A few rifles were swapped out, along with sights, but it all worked and made for a good weekend. They were a good group to work with and made our job easier.

The instructor crew did a great job, and with the higher than normal IT to student ratio, were able to spend more time individually on both days than what we can normally do. Thank you all.

The Blue Trail Range is a very good facility, well maintained and ready, and a strong supporter of Appleseed. We look forward to their hosting events there in the future.

A  Rifleman persists.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

Another very rewarding Project Appleseed event. Congratulations to all that earned Rifleman.

TOMINCT

Good pics Parallax, the last one has a family, Mike, Joe and Jake. Josh was there earlier but had to leave for an emergency at work.

Hope the boss appreciates the extra effort Josh.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Tal Michael

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed you guys mixing things up with the "rapid fire AQTs" on Sunday.  That was a lot of fun and a nice change up.  I still like the challenge of the mag change as well.
Will be brining two bricks to events from now on.
-----------------------------------------
"Cash me owside how bow dah" [ why is this a thing? ]