News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Byers, Colorado Sept 16-17, 2017

Started by BrassBucket, September 17, 2017, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrassBucket

Saturday started out much colder than anticipated with a temperature of only 49 degrees when we commenced at 9:00 AM. All registered shooters plus a few welcomed extras were ready to go plenty early in the morning. There were 18 shooters on Saturday including four youth shooters and five return Appleseeders. We had a long line but everyone was attentive and maintained safety so our job as instructors was easy. Our youth shooters did an exceptional job with their marksmanship and safety. Saturday we worked on the fundamentals and told the Three Strikes of the events of April 19, 1775. We were able to squeeze in one AQT at the end of Saturday and finished up for the afternoon.

Sunday the wind was unrelenting. The wind speed maintained steadily at 15 MPH the entire day with gusts up to 25 MPH. Thankfully the wind was blowing directly toward the target line for the most part so grouping remained excellent and scores were high. But the dust and constant flight of targets and chairs was daunting. Students persevered, however, and pushed through four AQTs during the day as well as a few drills to focus on magazine changes and transitions. The Star Targets were dominated by two ladies, Megan and Christie, which warranted highly-coveted prizes. We finished up fairly early in the afternoon due to impending severe thunderstorms but everyone seemed happy but appropriately tired.

There were two Rifleman scores: Christie with a score of 232 and Ryan with a score of "more than 210". Both were handed Orange Hats to begin the journey as Appleseed Instructors-in-Training (IIT).

Honorable mention to Rob and Tom who are knocking loudly on the door of a Rifleman score.

IITs for this shoot were Frederick (newone) and Max (KD). Instructor was Leland (TheDud). Shoot Boss was Alice (BrassBucket).

I will be posting some photos in the thread below but I have many more. If you are interested in more photos of yourself or your neighbors, please message me on the forum and let me know who you're looking for and I will email them separately.

See you all on the line!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

TheDud

What a wonderful weekend!

I have to say this is one of the best groups of shooters I have seen in a while, they even laughed at all my bad jokes!

I'd like to give special thanks to Christie and Ryan, before even accepting their Orange Hats they were coaching and helping the shooters near them on the line and made it a lot easier on us instructors.

Our youth shooters were amazing, very safe and they all did quite well throughout the weekend.  Sebastian particularly saw huge improvements.

Special shout out to Jeff as well, he showed up with a very nice rifle that was not set for the "Appleseed Game" but instead of getting frustrated he figured out how to make his equipment work for him and did very well.  You're welcome on the line any time!

Great first Appleseed back for me after a year overseas, I hope to see all of these shooters (and instructors!) Back on the line in the spring!!!

BrassBucket

A few pictures to get started.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

BrassBucket

A few more.

BrassBucket

Last few.

Like I said, I have many more so PM me if you would like a few more model shots of you or your compatriots shooting!