News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Talladega AL 25m September 9-10, 2017

Started by Google, September 17, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

Twenty shooters gathered on a beautiful Saturday morning at the fantastic CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park to learn about marksmanship and the founding of our republic.  We started off with the first strike of the match then moved on to our Redcoat targets and some instruction.  We heard the second strike at lunch followed by an opportunity to practice what we had learned by shooting some squares.  The third strike came in the afternoon and we wrapped up the day with more drills. 

On Sunday we were able to finish our instruction and got down to business with AQTs.  The first AQT saw Jin, a repeat shooter from the March event at Talladega, shoot his first Rifleman score of the Day.  Jin continued to shoot a Rifleman score on all four AQTs . . .  HUZZAH!  Scott joined the Rifleman ranks later in the day with a 240  ^:)^  Several other shooters were closing in on the Rifleman score and everyone saw steady improvement throughout the day, so I'm sure others will make it over the threshold soon.  :)

Everyone seemed to have a great time as evidenced by the smiles we saw throughout the weekend.  There were two families, at least three father-son pairs, a married couple, and several other friends on the line.  One of our father/son pairs was from Boston and were guests of a frequent Appleseeder in our area.  They are signed up for another event in NH and will return to Talladega for a KD in October  :)  Many others from this weekend are already signed up for future events. :1luvu

Speaking for the instructor team, it was our pleasure and our honor to serve this group of patriots for the weekend and we hope to see all of you again soon. 

I didn't have the opportunity to take many pictures, so I hope some of you will help by sharing your photos.