News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Rimfire Sporter Match Charlottesville, VA 8/26

Started by FiremanBob, June 29, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

The Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club in Charlottesville will hold its first CMP-sanctioned Rimfire Sporter match on Saturday, August 26. This is the only such match in Virginia so far this year.

Want to test your Appleseed marksmanship skills in competition? This is a great way to do it. There are six stages: slow-fire and rapid-fire in prone, seated and standing. The 10-ring on the target is 1.75" wide, or 3.5 MOA at 50 yards. If you put all your shots in the black square on the AS squares target, you'll do great.

For full information on the match rules including eligible equipment, go here: http://thecmp.org/competitions/club-sanctioned-events/rimfire-sporter/ and download the "Guide to CMP Rimfire Shooting." It is also helpful to download the "CMP Games Rifle and Pistol Competition Rules."
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

B.C.

Myself and 4 other instructors recently competed in one of these matches here in North Florida. All of us took the top 5 high scores, Appleseeders will do very well in these matches. The gentleman running the event commented that Appleseed schooled them all. Most of all it was exceedingly fun. As I recall they give you 10 minutes for some of the stages, a literal eternity.   
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

navybowhunter

These are GREAT matches!

I'll be in attendance for this one as well.  Couple HP shooters are members at that range.

As B.C. stated, if you are a Rifleman, you will do well.  I bronzed my first local match, and my second match earned a silver at the CMP Eastern Games.

Going for GOLD at Rivanna!

FiremanBob, care to place a side bet? 

R/
Chris

Messer

Hmmmmm - I might just have to give this game a try....    ;D

The question is, do I setup one of my 10/22's for this (not sure I have one with that bad of a trigger  **) ,or do I bring the old Anshutz out of the safe? 

First world problems - first world problems....

See you on the range,
Bob S.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

misawa

I am going to try my best to do this - will have to convince the wife that delaying the family beach trip will be worth it. 

Do you know the logistics?  Start/end times?

FiremanBob

Safety Briefing 9:00 AM.  Match takes about 2 hours to shoot.

It's important to know the CMP-RS rules before coming out. Wouldn't want a DQ for failing the allowed features/overall weight/trigger pull tests.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

jmdavis

Rivanna also hosts an excellent monthly high power match on the first Saturday.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

navybowhunter

Looking forward to this.   A HP friend is a member there, JMDavis knows Marty.  May convince him to shoot it as well.  If he does, break out the Anschutz Bob!  Lol

misawa

How was this?  Good turnout?  Possibly doing again?

FiremanBob

Very low turnout (7 including 3 Appleseeders) but all agreed is worth doing again. Am seeking club approval for 5 events per year - every other even month except Dec. Will update thread in about 10 days if approved.