News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new Red Hat ... Mrs. Smith !

Started by Steck, September 12, 2017, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

Texas crew, let's have a big HUZZAH for Traci, our newest Red Hat!

She dug in and did most of the instruction at the San Antonio LadySeed and really earned that HAT !

Texas T

Congrats, and thank you for the putting forth the dedication and effort that it takes to reach this level.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

PaleRider

Yep. She did a great job! Congratulations, Traci!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Congratulations!!!!!     :F :F :F
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Ghostring

Traci!!!  You did ANOTHER thing!!!  ^:)^
For those who don't already know, Traci is a New Texican AS border amigo (hailing from near the badlands of New Mexico) and is welcome ANY TIME in Texas.
The SA Ladyseed was certainly a test of your ability to RH (and it was super fun to hear Steck's "pew...pew...pew")  :~

So a Texas-sized HUZZAH!!! Super job, Cheers and Well-done!  Now,
ENJOY your RED HAT!!!! and have FUN WITH IT!
...and just let JH or I know when you get the itch to wear some other color. ::)

Also, a serious shout out to our cadre in El Paso/New Mexico!   Great Job!   :F
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

TxRebel

CONGRATS TRACI!!!!!!!!!!!!  Proud of you girl :F
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Mrs. Smith

aw, shucks, you guys!  Ya'll gonna make me blush    :))

Steck was extremely patient, and tolerant of my gaffes.  And she could absolutely tell when the old synapses stopped firing  :-[

Tim, Dean, Jim, Ryan, and Kyle were helpful, encouraging, and inspiring.

I even ordered Ryan around a little, and he didn't SEEM to mind   ~~:)

Jim, that was possibly the least subtle hint in the history of un-subtle hints  %) that IS the goal, but I don't want to rush it.  I'll get there, I promise :)

You guys were unbelievably awesome, and I genuinely look forward to working with all of you again!

:~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

Tim, I believe it was Bonnie that took the pics of me getting my hat from Steck. Any idea how we could get those? I'd really like to have them  :1luvu
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,
Here's what mot folks don't know... Traci was scheduled to begin with her 1st Appleseed event 3 years(I think) before she made it, due to reasons beyond her control(Mr. Smith).
Having had the opportunity to interact with her during the aftermath, I quickly figured out that this woman was a firecracker... :~ :~ :~
Fast forward 3 years, Traci made it to her 1st Appleseed event, and the rest is history.
Congratulations Traci on your advancement to Rifleman Instructor, We all know that you earned it!!! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Now for the catch; "I Jerry Hall,  RWVA - Project Appleseed designated Shoot Boss", do hereby offer Traci F.(Mrs. Smith) to take the 7th Step one step further by SBITing for Project Appleseed. O0
Quality folks like you are a treasure... your dedication to the program is hereby honored :bow: :bow: :bow: .

3rdly, Everyone is welcome to join us at any event at our Community Colleges indoor shooting range! It's tuff to have to brave the elements in a climate controlled range. :sb:
Thanks to Dr Rich and Jim((Ghostring), for your dedication also.
"till we meet again", Happy Trails,
Jerry
PS: Traci and Andy live about 6 minutes across the Texas/New Mexico State line, northeast of El Paso, Texas...

Quote from: Ghostring on September 12, 2017, 07:47:00 PM
Traci!!!  You did ANOTHER thing!!!  ^:)^
For those who don't already know, Traci is a New Texican AS border amigo (hailing from near the badlands of New Mexico) and is welcome ANY TIME in Texas.
The SA Ladyseed was certainly a test of your ability to RH (and it was super fun to hear Steck's "pew...pew...pew")  :~

So a Texas-sized HUZZAH!!! Super job, Cheers and Well-done!  Now,
ENJOY your RED HAT!!!! and have FUN WITH IT!
...and just let JH or I know when you get the itch to wear some other color. ::)

Also, a serious shout out to our cadre in El Paso/New Mexico!   Great Job!   :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Jerry Hall on September 13, 2017, 12:03:33 AM
Howdy All,
Here's what mot folks don't know... Traci was scheduled to begin with her 1st Appleseed event 3 years(I think) before she made it, due to reasons beyond her control(Mr. Smith).
Having had the opportunity to interact with her during the aftermath, I quickly figured out that this woman was a firecracker... :~ :~ :~
Fast forward 3 years, Traci made it to her 1st Appleseed event, and the rest is history.
Congratulations Traci on your advancement to Rifleman Instructor, We all know that you earned it!!! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Now for the catch; "I Jerry Hall,  RWVA - Project Appleseed designated Shoot Boss", do hereby offer Traci F.(Mrs. Smith) to take the 7th Step one step further by SBITing for Project Appleseed. O0
Quality folks like you are a treasure... your dedication to the program is hereby honored :bow: :bow: :bow: .

3rdly, Everyone is welcome to join us at any event at our Community Colleges indoor shooting range! It's tuff to have to brave the elements in a climate controlled range. :sb:
Thanks to Dr Rich and Jim((Ghostring), for your dedication also.
"till we meet again", Happy Trails,
Jerry
PS: Traci and Andy live about 6 minutes across the Texas/New Mexico State line, northeast of El Paso, Texas...

Jerry, I am grateful for your exceedingly kind words  :1luvu  And I'll take you up on that invitation. When you first mentioned it to me privately, you suggested I do the first SBit at our February shoot. That sounds good to me.  I'd like, if possible given our unique geographical circumstances, to do them under a couple of different SBs. Different bosses will teach me different things.  Would that be ok with you?

Thanks again, everyone, for your congrats and words of support!!!   :bow: :bow:

T
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

One of the ladies sent these to me today  :cool2:

DrRichP

Great job Staci. Thanks for stepping up. We have plenty of work for you!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Nashville Stage

I like the shade hat idea!

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mrs. Smith

Thanks,  Dr. Rich.  I'll do my best to justify y'alls faith in me  ;)

Nashville,  I pitched the hat bands to The Poet as an idea for the store.  Told him where I found mine for cheap, explained there's room for a small version of the logo, etc. He seemed receptive. I just do NOT like spending any real length of time in the sun without a brimmed hat!

Traci

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

TRACI!   That's fantastic!     ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^    CONGRATULATIONS!   

So, when will AS be delivering your company car?   And did you get your raise yet?   That bump in pay really makes the red hat worth it.    **)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Mrs. Smith

Thanks SNAITF!! It was a TOTAL surprise  :))

Weezer,  you're HILARIOUS  ;D

Thanks,  so much

T

AF5US

Quote from: Weezer on September 28, 2017, 03:48:36 PM
   That bump in pay really makes the red hat worth it.   

I'm not certain that the bump in pay is entirely commensurate with the increased responsibilities.  ;)

I hear that upgrading to the green hat doesn't have such a big jump in responsibilities, though, so I'll go ahead and finish that in 2017   #)
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

A Bonsell

Traci - Congrats to both you and Andy!

You guys did a great job this past weekend in El Paso.
I look forward to working with you guys sometime soon.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: A Bonsell on October 25, 2017, 02:22:29 AM
Traci - Congrats to both you and Andy!

You guys did a great job this past weekend in El Paso.
I look forward to working with you guys sometime soon.

Thanks so much,  Aaron!  We're tickled pink that you stepped up and joined the Instructor corps,  and we're very much looking forward to working with you and your amazing family again  :)