News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center Lady Seed Sept 23-24

Started by Charley, September 07, 2017, 01:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

We're gearing up for this Lady Seed coming up but could use some help! Little Buddy and I have been promoting and seventh stepping like crazy to get pre-regs for this event. So far there are 3 shooters and I will run the event for this many shooters but would like to see more. I've been in contact with the newly formed Dundee Well Armed Women Chapter. I attended their meeting last month and was graciously given time to make a short presentation to the group before the end of the meeting. We are going to have a table at the Maumee Valley Gun Collectors Association Gun Show Sept 16/17 to make a last effort to recruit shooters.

How can you help? Any promoting and seventh stepping greatly help. If there are any friends/family/nieces/wives/daughters that can come out for a girl's weekend out shooting, have them sign up. They can contact me with any lodging concerns for the weekend.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Let me know if you have any questions.
Charley

Corvette

Charlie,

For what its worth, I sent emails to all the Ohio Well Armed Women chapters in Ohio about a week ago.  I will do the same this week with the Michigan and Indiana chapters.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charley

Thank you! Yes it helps. I've been trying to reach out to them too but some haven't responded.

Crazyduckhunter

I have sent the link to a lady that is a club member on my home range at Orwell Gun Club. She helps to "run" the face book page called Annie Oakley. They are a Facebook group that participate in a lot of shooting events here on the east side of Cleveland.

Charley

little buddy

There are six students more to come. Charley is asking for Female Instructors to help first. You may want to read this about Ladyseed's There is a whole thread. Charley would like some help Female Instructors please step up to help a sister Ladyseed. The following is an older post but is in regards to a LadySeed shoot.

Ladies, what can we do to get even more women active in Appleseed?

Trisha
Senior Instructor

AKA Bashful

Re: Ladies, what can we do to get even more women active in Appleseed?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »

There was an All women's AS in May at Wayland, IA, I was there instructing. At that time, we figured it would be best to have an all women's instructor corps and the only men that were there was Brokensling because he brought his daughter .5 and he was there to haul things around, but he didn't do any instruction. The other guy that was there was the land owner and he showed up everyone once in awhile to see how everything was going and to see how his daughter was doing. We thought that since it was supposed to be an ALL Women's AS that it should have ALL Women.

The women instructors came from NY, WI, IN, OH and MO. All the instructors were excited to be there for this all women's event. The line was small, but it was a bunch of shy women that probably wouldn't have gone if there were men, at least not to their first one.

techres, if you want an all women's AS, set one up and I would be more than happy to come instruct and there are a few other women instructors here in WI that I could probably drag along, and I know one female IL instructor that I could probably get too. If you want one don't let the the wondering of who will instruct it hold you back, there are women instructors that would love to do it. If you want this to go to PMs send me one and we can start figuring this out.

viv303, I do agree with you that many women don't want to go probably because they think their sig other will be the one instructing them, and I do see this a lot. When I am instructing, I kick them off that part of the line and personally instruct that person shooting. I do this with all family members actually.

I do love the diversity of AS, but once in awhile I think for some women that it is good for them to have an all women's AS.

Little Buddy

Charley

I've been reaching out to women instructors with no luck in getting help. I need some help for this event. I have 6 shooters signed up with possibly more as we promote it at the local gun show this weekend. I've also had a couple people contact me that are potentially signing up. I know I have 4 new shooters potentially 5 and at least two kids. Any help, even for one day, is appreciated.

Corvette

I see that Rascal21, SirBob and his daughter Lozen have signed up to help. I can't be there as I will be at Marion this weekend. You are in good hands with a crew like this.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!