News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irma update

Started by Marquis de M, September 04, 2017, 11:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marquis de M

Cat 4 Hurricane coming our way. Please excuse that this post is off topic.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/041449.shtml
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

B.C.

Quote from: Jerry2017 on September 04, 2017, 11:57:59 AM
Cat 4 Hurricane coming our way. Please excuse that this post is off topic.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT1+shtml/041449.shtml

Indeed. I have been monitoring this storm for several days now and will continue to do so. I'm hoping it will not ruin my shoot this weekend in st augustine, the range is about 2 miles from the ocean. If it comes up the coast - rain, rain and more rain. I'll email the students by mid week when the track is known to see what everyone wants to do.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

B.C.

North Florida instructors: The shoot in St Augustine on 9/9 - 9/10 is cancelled due to the incoming weather event. Stay safe, we'll be seeing you on the other side. 

Charles McKinley

Stay safe.  You all are in our prayers.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

JustKim

To all of our Appleseed friends and their families and friends and all potential Appleseeders (so basically ALL PEOPLE) who are in Irma's path please stay safe.  You are all in our thoughts and prayers.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  We are watching this storm very closely in case she makes an unexpected shift our way in which case, I told Chuck - we are out of here!  For those with travel trailers - we do have some room in our yard and we also have some land where you could park if needed.  At this point we believe we are out of the path.  We may have a spare rooms, and we do have couches, etc.
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

B.C.

Wow, what a storm. Mass destruction, flooding and the whole county out of power where I am near St Augustine. Florida hats in the north east check in to let us know you're ok. If you need assistance sound off please.

9mm4545

Hello all,
Rambo Granny and I are alive and well. The house came through OK although we have much flooding everywhere. The water level came up to mid-bumper on our big ass truck, mid-thigh in the back yard. Still deep and with no end in sight. Sigh... Naturally, we are without power or cell phone service. Amazingly, I have been able to get our internet up and running at least while we have a generator going. Saw a huge fish swimming through the car port this morning. A cabin in the mountains is looking better and better...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Engineer shooting

Tree down, yard looks like a bomb went off, again. Put on rain gear and started clean up in the rain. Today chainsaw, bonfire and a sore back the yard looks good again.

Next to look at the IDMR.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Snow Snake

Susan and I pray that all our Appleseed friends are well and that this suffering shall quickly pass.   
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

rambo granny

Ken,
Please let everyone know how IDMR did in the storm.

We got power back today and found out the air con is dead, & it will have to wait til Monday in hopes the flood will recede enough to allow technicians to assess damage.
Both sheds still flooded so there is probably stuff casualties there too. Hope our AS supplies are all totally ok!
A smelly adventure awaits when the water finally goes down.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

scuzzy

Quote from: 9mm4545 on September 12, 2017, 10:49:59 AM
A cabin in the mountains is looking better and better...

Yup. I hear ya. Sometimes I think about Idaho or Montana. But the good lord put me here in Texas and that's where I'll make my stand.

Prayers to all you all in Florida.  Jeez these last 30 days have been something.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Minutemom

My family and I are all OK.  No power, water, or internet for 4 full days, but we were ready for off-grid living, no matter how unpleasant.  A tree fell on our trailer, and we lost about 10 chickens, but other than that and a whole bunch of tree debris everywhere, all is well.  A confused and misplaced water moccasin claimed part of our driveway as his territory, and after hideously threatening on of my dogs and 3 curious children, he finally went away after we gave him wide berth.

Thanks for the prayers, Scuzzy.  Hope everyone else fared well.  Let us know if anyone needs assistance!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

rambo granny

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

B.C.

Thanks all for checking in. If any of our Florida Appleseed family needs assistance, let me know please.