News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, Tenn. (Arnold AFB Rifle Range) 2-3 Sept. 2017

Started by tncolonel, September 03, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tncolonel

Manchester Tennessee (Arnold AFB Rifle Ranges)  Sept. 2-3, 2017

After two days of heavy flooding rains in Tennessee from the remains of Hurricane Harvey that devastated Texas, the rains stopped in Manchester just an hour or so before instructors began setting up the rifle range.

28 people had signed up to shoot, 26 showed up.  Two people from northern Tennessee did not make the clinic because their neighborhood was flooded and they were without power.

Divine Providence shinned down on us with great weather all weekend.

We had a great group of people who were willing to learn.  They ranged in age from 6 to 64. 

We were able to manage the time monkey and get in one AQT Saturday afternoon that produced three new Riflemen Saturday.  Sunday saw several more new Riflemen and several repeat Riflemen.

We also promoted Woodstock 16 to Red Hat and Jody L.  took an Orange Hat.

All in all great Appleseed weekend.

Dracomeister

Had a great time! Fantastic group of shooters ready to learn (and in some cases un-learn  ;) ) and put their new knowledge into practice. Congrats to all the new Riflemen (see, we told you persistence pays!) and the re-quals and a special Congrats and Thank You to Jody for taking her Orange Hat (see note on Persistence above  :)) ) and Woodstock16 for his Red Hat! Hope to see everyone back soon!

I'm trying to get all the Photos posted but having some "issues". I'll get 'er done!
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Dracomeister

OK, Here goes! Photo up-load test 1
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Dracomeister

Batch #2! (the first one worked)

Dracomeister

Batch #3, I'm on a roll! (Josie got trigger happy with the camera so there are about 100 to post!) :F

Dracomeister

Not done yet, had to take a break! Over 300 photos so my eyes started to fuzz out, not sure I got everyone covered, if I missed anyone, let me know, I'll fix it! Again, had a great time shared with a great bunch of Patriots!

Rustygun

A great Appleseed! Perfect weather and a really great group of shooters. The most Riflemen at any event I have been to. One shooter is already planning on being back later this month from what she says. Thanks to Claude for a really well run Appleseed. Everyone had a great time and persisted. Congrats to Woodstock on getting his red hat!

woodstock16

What a great weekend!!  ^:)^ 26 shooters and a full complement of 10 excellent instructors made the most Riflemen I have yet to see at an Appleseed. All ya'll should be congratulated on your persistence  O0 At least one (maybe another shortly) new orange hat will add to the Tennessee Valley contingent, and a lady to boot.  :))
At least three requals and nine (?) new riflemen/riflewomen, including my son, Jason. Well done, lad!! Looking forward to seeing the DIL Crystal on the line in the spring.
Thanks to our State Coordinator and Shoot Boss, Claude, for his mentorship, easing me along the Appleseed path to Red hat. Looking forward to the long journey down the road... ;)

In the words of Rusty (Maximum Ordinate): Liberty, Yo...
Ramseur 3-17 RBC - Rifleman & Long Range
Long Range 7-17- RwQual & Long Range - Talledaga
Calera 8-17 IBC
TALLEDEGA- REQUAL & LONG RANGE- 8-17
Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Dracomeister

Hey Folks, I finally got all the photos re-sized (all 470 of them) and only posted a sample so if you were there and want copies, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll put them on a flash drive and send them on.

Jackrabbit

This group was great! Your 6 year old has a love for shooting like no other.  He is calling his own firing range every time we shoot.  Thanks to all the instructors once again.  Especially, to the Cricket supernado, Doyle!  Semper FI!