News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alternatives to Appleseed

Started by LanceRage, July 17, 2017, 06:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanceRage

Hi Everyone,
   I am very interested in learning how to shoot via Appleseed but unfortunately Saturday's are a no go for me. Are there any local (Baltimore) trainers interested in giving private lessons? I am happy to pay and official Appleseed certifications are not necessary.
Thank you,
Lance

hogfamily

I know it is a long shot...

If for any reason you find yourself in Alaska my family would be happy to take you out to our favorite range and teach you how to shoot a rifle well.

We would even supply the rifle and ammo.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Monkey

Quote from: LanceRage on July 17, 2017, 06:58:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
   I am very interested in learning how to shoot via Appleseed but unfortunately Saturday's are a no go for me. Are there any local (Baltimore) trainers interested in giving private lessons? I am happy to pay and official Appleseed certifications are not necessary.
Thank you,
Lance

Lance,

If you can break away on a Monday night (6-10pm) and a full Tuesday, there are several Project Appleseed events at the NRA Headquarters Range in Fairfax, VA.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BeSwift

Definitely check out the NRA Range events in NoVA... they are always weeknights and several are scheduled soon...  Only other option would be to consider having a "private" Appleseed... meaning, if you can get 10 folks together, I can usually make an event happen, at your convenience, in Annapolis, with about 6 weeks notice...   Hope to see you on the line!    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

LanceRage

Quote from: hogfamily on July 17, 2017, 08:32:14 PM
I know it is a long shot...

If for any reason you find yourself in Alaska my family would be happy to take you out to our favorite range and teach you how to shoot a rifle well.

We would even supply the rifle and ammo.

I can't say I have any plans to travel to Alaska in the near future but I do appreciate the offer! I will certainly be in touch should I find myself in your neck of the woods.
Thanks,
LanceRage

LanceRage

Quote from: Monkey on July 17, 2017, 09:20:15 PM
Quote from: LanceRage on July 17, 2017, 06:58:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
Thank you,
Lance

Lance,

If you can break away on a Monday night (6-10pm) and a full Tuesday, there are several Project Appleseed events at the NRA Headquarters Range in Fairfax, VA.
Nice! I didn't even think to check Virginia, it looks like the next Monday Tuesday isn't until the end of September though, not sure what my availability will be by then. Hopefully I will be free.
Thanks,
LanceRage

LanceRage

Quote from: BeSwift on July 17, 2017, 11:04:36 PM
Definitely check out the NRA Range events in NoVA... they are always weeknights and several are scheduled soon...  Only other option would be to consider having a "private" Appleseed... meaning, if you can get 10 folks together, I can usually make an event happen, at your convenience, in Annapolis, with about 6 weeks notice...   Hope to see you on the line!    BeSwift
Hey BeSwift,
     I checked the schedule and there is a Ladyseed event on the 31st but I am not a woman. The next full weekday Appleseed event isn't until the end of September. Your offer to teach a private is very intriguing though, is there a specific  reason you are looking for at least ten people?
Thanks,
LanceRage
:F

Monkey

Quote from: LanceRage on July 18, 2017, 07:41:42 PM
Hey BeSwift,
     I checked the schedule and there is a Ladyseed event on the 31st but I am not a woman. The next full weekday Appleseed event isn't until the end of September. Your offer to teach a private is very intriguing though, is there a specific  reason you are looking for at least ten people?
Thanks,
LanceRage

Probably has to do with filling the line at the particular range he would use (if I were to guess...Anne Arundel Fish & Game).
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

MikeCee

We have run single-day events on Sundays at the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie, MD.

I don't have any scheduled at this time but I was planning on scheduling one more before the end of the year. I'll have to coordinate around our Hunter Safety Courses. I'll make sure you and Brian know if I can pull that off.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

BeSwift

Quote from: LanceRage on July 18, 2017, 07:41:42 PM
Hey BeSwift,
Thanks,
LanceRage

The 10 person rule, is two fold... 1st...In order for me to ask the gun club for exclusive use of the range (a prerequisite for an Appleseed), they want me to have enough people to justify closing the range to other members... 2nd..in order for me to ask vols to take time off of work, I need to make sure there's enough folks on the line, to make it cost effective for them too  :)    Let me know if you want to go this route...   Thx   B
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

LanceRage

Quote from: MikeCee on July 19, 2017, 01:27:23 PM
We have run single-day events on Sundays at the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie, MD.

I don't have any scheduled at this time but I was planning on scheduling one more before the end of the year. I'll have to coordinate around our Hunter Safety Courses. I'll make sure you and Brian know if I can pull that off.

A Sunday program would be perfect! I have a couple of people that are interested as well, please be in touch!