News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sea Cadets Nov 11/12

Started by PHenry, August 31, 2017, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Att: Florida Cadre!

Looks like we can add a small event at Hernando on November 11/12. Something like 15 Cadets and five adults. I am already scheduled that weekend for Clearwater, but Alkeford has kindly offered to fly back from PA to satisfy HSC's certified club RO requirement. He's hoping Minutemom can bring the gear and act as SB as he hates paperwork and packing.  ^-^

Who wants to work with the Sea Cadets?  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

I already bagged minutemom for an American Heritage Girls event at my place that same weekend
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

I'll be at an Appleseed in Texas that weekend; however, if we need loaners I can help out there.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

B.C.

I can roll down there that weekend and cover it if needed. Is there permanent cover on site? Target line?
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

9mm4545

B.C., the line is covered at Hernando so the hateful canopies will not be needed! Sadly, my CRS prevents me from remembering the target line details. I have an extra target line (T-posts and wire) if you need it. All my backers died in the flood but I believe cardboard can be provided by the range, IIRC. Trey or Archie would know. RG and I have committed to helping Smoak with his shoot or we would be there.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

Indeed, I also find myself afflicted with an occasional acute case of CRS.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep  an eye on this and sign  up as needed.

TheMenace

Hey Chris,
We did a couple quick and dirty rifle orientation and qualifications (not Appleseed) for the USNSSC here at Palm Bay. Good kids. Motivated and disciplined. It should be fun. You will probably need all the loaner rifles you can muster. I can assist for that date.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

Quote from: TheMenace on September 23, 2017, 10:53:51 PM
Hey Chris,
We did a couple quick and dirty rifle orientation and qualifications (not Appleseed) for the USNSSC here at Palm Bay. Good kids. Motivated and disciplined. It should be fun. You will probably need all the loaner rifles you can muster. I can assist for that date.

Thanks sir, you da man! I have 3 loaners.

stoneknives

I'm on signed for Clearwater.

But tell me where you have the most need and I'm there. I'll do the paperwork, packing and whatever else takes.

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

DrRichP

Quote from: DrRichP on September 22, 2017, 11:40:41 PMI'll be at an Appleseed in Texas that weekend; however, if we need loaners I can help out there.

Loaners rifles: I have 15 loaners:
•   2  10/22's w/ iron sights (males - i.e.,wood, black composite stocks)
•   5  10/22's w/ scopes (males - i.e.,wood, black composite stocks)
•   3  10/22's w/ scopes (females - i.e., pink, purple, purple zebra striped stocks)
•   5  10/22 Compacts (2 females, 3 males) with scopes

Let me know by Wednesday if they're needed. I fly to Texas on Thursday for a KD. I can arrange to meet someone and transfer to them.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

B.C.

Quote from: DrRichP on September 26, 2017, 09:09:45 PM
Quote from: DrRichP on September 22, 2017, 11:40:41 PMI'll be at an Appleseed in Texas that weekend; however, if we need loaners I can help out there.

Loaners rifles: I have 15 loaners:
•   2  10/22's w/ iron sights (males - i.e.,wood, black composite stocks)
•   5  10/22's w/ scopes (males - i.e.,wood, black composite stocks)
•   3  10/22's w/ scopes (females - i.e., pink, purple, purple zebra striped stocks)
•   5  10/22 Compacts (2 females, 3 males) with scopes

Let me know by Wednesday if they're needed. I fly to Texas on Thursday for a KD. I can arrange to meet someone and transfer to them.

Thanks sir,

I'll be coming down from St Augustine the weekend of the event in November. Perhaps there is someone closer to you that will be working the shoot also in the case we need more loaners for the cadets.