News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman' Boot Camp in Ramseur Oct 15-20

Started by Pain Killer, August 17, 2017, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

Please join us for the Rifleman's Bootcamp October 15-20. Those with a Previous Rifleman's score or scoring Rifleman by the 3rd or 4th day will have a chance to test this at actual distance! RBC's at the Home Range are a great experience to meet lifelong friends and hone your skills at long distance shooting. You will have the pleasure of having "Engineer Shooting" as your Shoot Boss. He is from a great program in Florida, a Master Instructor and a great guy! Sign up today
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

I have enjoyed the extreme pleasure of visiting the Home Range five times and let me tell you - it is not to be missed! It's the only range I have ever seen that allows firing at 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards all at the same time. Lots of reactive targets and if we Hawkeye has time to set them up - real life, honest to goodness, Military "pop-up" targets that flop backwards on every solid hit. The downside is that shooting paper loses its appeal after ringin steel.

And then there is Engineershooting as the shoot boss. You'd be hard-pressed to find one better and I do not make that assertion lightly.   O0

Plenty of space for camping on-site and a shower with hot water. The time spent around the fire at night alone is worth the effort to get there.  ^:)^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Engineer shooting

Part regular Appleseed weekend   :---

Part KD, shoot out to 400 yards earn a patch   O0

Part IBC, move up a rank   ..:..

Camping, shooting,  story telling, something for everyone. Get out the word!     ~~:)
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Bob S

I'm looking forward to the RBC. My wife and I will be driving from Long Island, New York. She doesn't shoot. We'll be leaving for NC on 10/12. I'll be bringing an M1A with a 3X9 scope on it and a 10/22 with a 4X scope. Would 300 - 7.62x51 & 600 - .22LR be adequate? I'm familiar with the rest of the gear. Barring a last minute unexpected occurance, would I be able to get a confirmation the event is a go by 10/11?

Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.
                                            ~ General George Washington

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Bob S on October 03, 2017, 12:00:10 AM
I'm looking forward to the RBC. My wife and I will be driving from Long Island, New York. She doesn't shoot. We'll be leaving for NC on 10/12. I'll be bringing an M1A with a 3X9 scope on it and a 10/22 with a 4X scope. Would 300 - 7.62x51 & 600 - .22LR be adequate? I'm familiar with the rest of the gear. Barring a last minute unexpected occurance, would I be able to get a confirmation the event is a go by 10/11?

The RBC is a go.  O0

I suggest a minimum of 800 rounds of .22LR. 300 7.62 should suffice.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Yankee Doodle

Unfortunately I am stuck at work this year.  I will attend an RBC next year as a shooter and will make sure my vacation is arranged to do just that.

Y'all have fun and be safe.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

bronco199

HI All - to echo Bob S, I'm quite excited for the RBC. I'm also coming in from the Northeast - Philadelphia to be exact.

Just wondering: can I camp out at the range the night before RBC begins (and all subsequent nights)? I don't need a trailer hookup or anything - just a place to pitch my tent, and somewhere to get water.

Monkey

Quote from: bronco199 on October 10, 2017, 08:43:10 PM
HI All - to echo Bob S, I'm quite excited for the RBC. I'm also coming in from the Northeast - Philadelphia to be exact.

Just wondering: can I camp out at the range the night before RBC begins (and all subsequent nights)? I don't need a trailer hookup or anything - just a place to pitch my tent, and somewhere to get water.

Shouldn't be a problem - recommend sending a PM to Pain Killer to confirm.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Yankee Doodle

I've coordinated with the Facebook pages of NC, SC, VA, TN and GA to get the word out.

This RBC has been spread by all those pages on Facebook.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

PHenry

Hey NC cadre!

If anyone sees a rolled up set of six steps visual aides with a metal ring at the top on one side and a white pull tie on the other - please let me know. Think I left them there at last IBC.

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Bob S

I had a very valuable experience at the RBC. The instructors were friendly, highly skilled & dedicated to teaching. Practice makes perfect - but practice perfectly! I was not aware of some of my poor shooting habits. Even though I've shot rifleman before the boot camp. I received several pointers which made a big difference. I was able to hit an approximately 18" square piece of steel several times 440 yds away with my M1A. That would not have happened before the coaching  I received. Their is sub moa steel to shoot at a closer distance also. The Revolutionary War history talks including the three strikes and beyond are inspirational. The home range is ideal for shooting AQT's, KD and indoor history and shooting lessons. I wish I had access to a range like this close to me. My wife and I, plan on camping there the next time we go. I thank the instructors again and again for their dedication and example.
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.
                                            ~ General George Washington