News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, AR, August 12-13, 2017

Started by sticksnstones, August 15, 2017, 11:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

What a great weekend for an Appleseed. The weather cooperated and left us with a beautiful Saturday and most of the day Sunday. By the time the rain rolled in all of the attendees were pretty much worn out. VETS shooting center as usual were great hosts.
We had six registered shooters, with only five showing. The two that had never attended before were a great joy to work with and both showed amazing improvement throughout the weekend. Although neither made Rifleman, William was very close and will more than likely achieve that next event that he attends. The young lady aka Pumpkin (9 y/o), never gave up for a minute and didn't miss one round and hung in there with the big boys.
With a large amount of instructors there was plenty of time for all to get some shooting in. Everyone that attempted requaled except for me, Sticks. I had been using my rifle a loaner and tried cold without any adjustments only to get a 205.
A long lost Blue Hat and his father returned after not seeing them for a while and the young man accepted an orange hat. His dad shot a Riflemans score with a 210 and got to experience a North Bridge baptism. Quinncannon and ArcEagle proved their skill as did the whole crew. KPUC and Buddy Love worked towards promotions and did a large amount of the instructions and history. ResQJohn showed up on day two and was a great help. Justin work hard with the AR shooter to help him get over the top. It's awesome having a great crew of instructors and friends.
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Texas T

Sounds like a great shoot. To the long-lost blue hat, thanks for stepping forward and taking an Orange Hat. I believe that you will find the same things that I have, that the more you teach, the more you will learn.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Quinncannon

A great shoot indeed, coolest August in Arkansas that I remember too! Good teaching, good shooting and good fellowship, looking forward to the next shoot!

Notice the new Arkansas Project Appleseed patch for Instructors/Volunteers.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

KPUC

Thanks for making it a great shoot for my daughter.  Her first comment on the ride home was a question about how to get a hat.  She has already been pestering me about getting her signed up for the next shoot in Harrisburg.  Like John and Tom have already said, the weather was near perfect, just enough cloud cover to make the targets stand out.  All of the shooters did quite well.  Once again, VETS was a terrific place to host a shoot.  I think that I am still full from Who Dats? on Saturday night.   
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.