News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coshocton, Ohio August 12&13, 2017

Started by Corvette, August 13, 2017, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Well, for the first time in two years, we didn't get rain at Coshocton.  What an amazing shoot we just completed.  More details to follow in subsequent posts. This is just a placeholder in case any of the GREAT shooters we had this weekend can't wait to post their comments and pictures.

:pics:

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Redcoat72

It was a great event!  I really enjoyed meeting meeting everyone and seeming some familiar faces as well!  The weather was great and the shooters were motivated and ready to learn!

There were an impressive number of Riflemen among the students and several more knocking on the door.  Seeing the progress made by every student on the line made the 10-hour drive all worth it :)

I also really enjoyed the opportunity of telling a story about Josiah Nelson that I found in a book I purchased at Buckman Tavern, back in May.  Hearing the stories now, after seeing the actual locations where they happened, adds a new layer of impact.

It was also a treat to have some Well-Armed Women on the line!  What an awesome partnership between organizations and people.

Kelly has a bunch of pics that she will post later.

It was an honour to take part in the event!

Huzzah!
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Corvette

And, let me say that it was a really a pleasure to work with a couple of "pros" that are 50 Cal Gal and Redcoat72.  It was a large shoot made very easy thanks to their skills and experience. 

Hope to see both of them again very soon.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

.50calgrl

The weekend was AMAZING!!!!

So glad we were able to share in such a great experience with everyone. Congratulations to all the shooters! You all showed us that Ohio(ians) have mad skills when it comes to shooting. I was truly impressed at the improvement from the morning of day one to the final Redcoat on day two. Congratulations to all of the Riflemen and to those who did not receive their patch you were so close... I hope this inspires you to practice what was taught and to sign up for another event.

I did want to say that it was wonderful to see some familiar faces, families, those with iron sights (Jason and Nick... well done) and the WELL ARMED WOMEN on the line. It truly was a privilege to be on the line with you all...

Thanks everyone for indulging me and sorry for your getting stuck with me on the first day of the shoot... I was being evaluated for promotion and therefore you got to listen to me all day.  ;D

Pictures will be posted on the Facebook group, so check them out there!!!

Cheers,

50calgrl aka Kelly

Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Hobbie

Well I had a ton of fun.

Thanks again for dealing with my snark and tempting of the rain gods.

Hobbie aka Jason

Corvette

Hobbie,

Looks like you brought us the great weather and kept the rain away.  Guess that means that you have to come back next year. 

Congrats,  Can't think of anybody that came to their first shoot, shot rifleman multiple times and cleared a red coat. That was some impressive work their Hobbie.

See you soon.

Corvette

Corvette

What a great Appleseed we had at Coshocton, Ohio on August 12 & 13, 2017. We had a near sold out shoot of 16 shooters that arrived ready to learn.  The weather was great which was a real change for Coshocton. Saturday started with the usual welcome and safety briefing. Shooter soon were on the line and they showed that they brought some skills to the event.

Of 16 shooters, 11 were competent at 100 yds and 8 at 200 yds.  The morning Red Coat was followed by the normal instructions on steady hold factors, the six steps and NPOA. By lunch we were well on our way and the first strike was presented at lunch. IMC, and steady hold in seated and off-hand were presented after lunch and we ended the day with a practice AQT.

Sunday was just as nice as Saturday weather wise. After a POI review and an NPOA drill, we started on the AQT's.  We had a fantastic day.  We had a total of 18 rifleman scores shot during Sunday.

Kelly shot three 219, 227, 215
Rusty shot  three 219, 219, 224 (Requal)
Bob shot four 221, 228, 217, 224 (Requal)
Steve shot three 210, 214, 215 (Requal)
Jason 214
Christina 214, 221, 235 (high score of the weekend and Requal)

The day ended with a Red Coat which showed great improvelment across the line.  Over the weekend, we had a total of 12 cleared Red Coats.  Huzzah.

My thanks to 50 Cal Gal, Readcoat72, and Borepatch for helping with this event.

Corvette