News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pine Bluff, WY 8/12-13/17 AAR

Started by colonial shooter, August 13, 2017, 08:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Wow after a rocky start, and all of the instructors safetly aboard. This event started almost on time. 1 walk on was there to learn what he was about. After the pledge a short intro and a run through of the safety rules, The redcoat went down. 6 steps, NPOA and positions followed. I want to thank our hosts the Pine Bluff Sportsmans Club for hosting us for our 9th trip out. Lots of veterans from Post 60 of the Ameican Legion swung through, bringing possible students and the local newspaper to do an article. Thanks to our staff, M1bzrk, Doc Joe 5, sleepy, colonial shooter and on Sunday Rain Runner. Pics taken for article and participants. Please add your comments now!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

M1bzrk

Sure want to thank the club and John & Diane for hosting us and feeding all concerned on both days.  Despite the fact that our one shooter, Dave, had to leave early and did not even get to shoot the 2nd Redcoat, he was a good student and progressing well.  I think we piqued his interest and that he will return.  Sunday was put to good use working on PCs resulting in promotions for Joe and Rick.  Good work, guys.
It was disappointing to have only one walk-on despite publicity from Diane and John and the American Legion.  It's not just Appleseed attendance that has fallen, the Club membership has dropped and that's a shame.  They have a nice range and treat Project Appleseed very well.  Perhaps the local paper's article will help.
Rick, can you please post pics here.  I cannot get them off my phone!

colonial shooter

Doc Joe5 steps up
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

colonial shooter

Plato

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori

Looks  like my favorite Wyoming team got together and ran an event and didn't even invite me. Just kidding, I know i am welcome anytime to work  a wyoming event. All i have to do is make the 28 hour drive .  Congratulations Doc on taking the red hat !  Wish we were there to give you the hat though.  Lucky Lori