News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Vienna Fish and Game Club, Vienna, OH 8/5 and 8/6 2017

Started by Invictus Maneo, August 08, 2017, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Yet another great shoot at the Vienna Fish and Game Club. Kudos to Pam and her crew for hosting and taking care of all the details. It is always great when the host club is on top of their game as it makes the rest of the shoot go much more smoothly. Also a big thanks to the Instructor Cadre for such an attentive, safe and professional job. Makes my job much easier and believe me at times I need it. Weather and range were perfect.

But the paycheck was spending a weekend with an outstanding group of very Patriotic, American shooters. Families, friends, grandparents, brothers and in general a great group of folks. Great work ethic, grit, determination and teachable attitudes prevailed. Safety issues were minimal (mags and safeties) but otherwise much progress was made over the course of the weekend.

Tony and Brian cleared their Redcoats Saturday p.m. with everyone getting on paper as well. Numerous people qualified  with a few qualifying twice. Alex, Brian, Bob and Tony qualified with Bob reg-qualifying a second time and David re-qualifying twice. I am also very proud of young Alex for both qualifying as well as taking an Orange Hat. Makes me proud to be part of Appleseed.

Overall great improvement with many intending to return to a future shoot. Again thanks To Vienna Fish and Game Club and Pam and her crew for such a wonderful weekend.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

EZ3

Dittos on the above and thanks to Crazyduckhunter for the awesome chow!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Birdman

Thank you Vienna Fish and Game Club, you always come through for us with lots of help. Thanks Instructors for volunteering your time again and again to support our mission of marksmanship and heritage. I was very impressed with our group of shooters, from one end of the line to the other. We had a great, safe event. Many new Rifleman and several re-quals, and also many in the 200's. Sling use was very, very good.
Hope to see many of you again at our Orwell event on Sept 9 and 10, and new Riflemen and maybe Orwell Riflemen will also attend the Full Distance event at New Philly in Nov 11 and 12. Break out your centerfire and let's go!
Thanks Ron for the great food. Man, are you a great cook.....and a Rifleman to boot! (How's that go.....Those who can't shoot, cook) Gotta re-write that for you.

Badmoose

My son and daughter and I also enjoyed this shoot very much, even though none of us qualified. :boohoo:
We were next to a guy during the shoot from Toledo, that went by the name of Baron. I would like to get in touch him as he does some training that I'd like to look into.  I had his contact info but apparently misplaced it and entered his name with the wrong contact info (Birdman's).

This post may be too late for anyone to see but if you see it and can tell me how to connect to Baron I would appreciate it.

Signed up for another Appleseed in Coshockton.  I think they may be getting addictive...